CBSE Class 12 Physical Education syllabus for the academic year 2023-24 will help students score maximum marks in their examinations because the question papers are framed according to the syllabus issued by the CBSE board. The syllabus will help students to know the course structure easily, and they can prepare themselves accordingly.Physical Education Class 12 Notes pdf , New syllabus , Exam Pattern 2023 – 2024
Along with the topics, the syllabus also provides the marking scheme and the time duration for each section. Students can directly access the CBSE Class 12 Syllabus for the academic year 2023-2024 by clicking on the link below.
CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus 2023- 2024
Students can download the latest released CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus PDF from the link below. Going through the syllabus will help students know the topics they will study in Physical Education during the academic year. Theory Maximum Marks 70
|CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus|
|Unit I: Management of Sporting Events||Unit III: Yoga as Preventive measure for Lifestyle Disease|
|Unit II: Children & Women in Sports||Unit IV: Physical Education & Sports for CWSN|
(Children With Special Needs – Divyang)
|Unit V: Sports & Nutrition||Unit VII: Physiology & Injuries in Sports|
|Unit VI: Test & Measurement in Sports||Unit IX: Psychology & Sports|
|Unit VIII: Biomechanics & Sports||Unit X: Training in Sports|
Practical Syllabus of Physical Education
|Physical Fitness Test: SAI Khelo India Test, Brockport Physical Fitness Test (BPFT)||6|
|Proficiency in Games and Sports||7|
CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus for Academic Year 2022-23
Unit I Management of Sporting Events
- Functions of Sports Events Management (Planning, Organising, Staffing, Directing & Controlling)
- Various Committees & their Responsibilities (pre; during & post)
- Fixtures and its Procedures – Knock-Out (Bye & Seeding) & League (Staircase & Cyclic)
Unit II Children & Women in Sports
- Common Postural Deformities – Knock Knee; Bow Legs; Flat Foot; Round Shoulders; Lordosis, Kyphosis, and Scoliosis and their corrective measures
- Special consideration (Menarche & Menstrual Dysfunction)
- Female Athletes Triad (Osteoporosis, Amenorrhea, Eating Disorders)
Unit III Yoga as Preventive measure for Lifestyle Disease
- Obesity: Procedure, Benefits & Contraindications for Tadasana, Katichakrasana, Pavanmuktasana, Matsayasana, Halasana, Pachimottansana, Ardha – Matsyendrasana, Dhanurasana, Ushtrasana, Suryabedhan pranayama.
- Diabetes: Procedure, Benefits & Contraindications for Katichakrasana, Pavanmuktasana,Bhujangasana, Shalabhasana, Dhanurasana, Supta-vajarasana, Paschimottanasana, Ardha-Mastendrasana, Mandukasana, Gomukasana, Yogmudra, Ushtrasana, Kapalabhati.
- Asthma: Procedure, Benefits & Contraindications for Tadasana, Urdhwahastottansana, UttanMandukasana, Bhujangasana, Dhanurasana, Ushtrasana, Vakrasana, Kapalbhati, Gomukhasana Matsyaasana, Anuloma-Viloma.
- Hypertension: Procedure, Benefits & Contraindications for Tadasana, Katichakransan, Uttanpadasana, Ardha Halasana, Sarala Matyasana, Gomukhasana, UttanMandukasana, Vakrasana, Bhujangasana, Makarasana, Shavasana, Nadishodhanapranayam, Sitlipranayam.
Unit IV Physical Education & Sports for CWSN (Children With Special Needs – Divyang)
- Organizations promoting Disability Sports (Special Olympics; Paralympics; Deaflympics)
- Advantages of Physical Activities for children with special needs.
- Strategies to make Physical Activities assessable for children with special needs.
Unit V Sports & Nutrition
- Concept of balanced diet and nutrition
- Macro and Micro Nutrients: Food sources & functions
- Nutritive & Non-Nutritive Components of Diet
Unit VI Test & Measurement in Sports
- Fitness Test – SAI Khelo India Fitness Test in school:
Age group 5-8 yrs/ class 1-3: BMI, Flamingo Balance Test, Plate Tapping Test
Age group 9-18yrs/ class 4-12: BMI, 50mt Speed test, 600mt Run/Walk, Sit & Reach flexibility test, Strength Test (Abdominal Partial Curl Up, Push-Ups for boys, Modified Push-Ups for girls).
- Computing Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
- Rikli & Jones – Senior Citizen Fitness Test
I. Chair Stand Test for lower body strength
II. Arm Curl Test for upper body strength
III. Chair Sit & Reach Test for lower body flexibility
IV. Back Scratch Test for upper body flexibility
V. Eight Foot Up & Go Test for agility
VI. Six Minute Walk Test for Aerobic Endurance
Unit VII Physiology & Injuries in Sports
- The physiological factor determining component of Physical Fitness
- Effect of exercise on Cardio-Respiratory System
- Effect of exercise on the Muscular System
- Sports injuries: Classification (Soft Tissue Injuries:(Abrasion, Contusion, Laceration, Incision, Sprain & Strain) Bone & Joint Injuries: (Dislocation, Fractures: Stress Fracture, Green Stick, Communicated, Transverse Oblique & Impacted.
Unit VIII Biomechanics & Sports
- Newton’s Law of Motion & its application in sports
- Equilibrium – Dynamic & Static and Centre of Gravity and its application in sports
- Friction & Sports
- Projectile in Sports
Unit IX Psychology & Sports
- Personality; its definition & types (Jung Classification & Big Five Theory)
- Meaning, Concept & Types of Aggressions in Sports
- Psychological Attributes in Sports – Self Esteem, Mental Imagery, Self Talk, Goal Setting
Unit X Training in Sports
- Concept of Talent Identification and Talent Development in Sports
- Introduction to Sports Training Cycle – Micro, Meso, Macro Cycle.
- Types & Method to Develop – Strength, Endurance and Speed
- Types & Method to Develop – Flexibility and Coordinative Ability
CBSE Class 12 Exam Pattern 2023
Check the marking scheme of CBSE class 12 marking scheme of each subject:
|Subjects||Theory Exam||Practical Exam|
Download BIOLOGY important questions Class 12
Download PHYSICS Important Question class 12