JEE Main Admit Card 2020 – NTA will release the admit card of JEE Main 2020 on December 6, 2019. The JEE Main admit card 2020 will be released in online mode on NTA official website jeemain.nic.in. Aspirants can download JEE Main 2020 admit card by using the application number and password or application number and date of birth. Details like exam schedule, exam centres name and address, timing of exam, photograph and signature of candidate as well as important exam instructions will be mentioned in JEE Main admit card 2020. NTA will issue JEE Main admit card 2020 only to those candidates who have submitted their application form within specified dates. Candidates are advised to verify their details mentioned on the admit card of JEE Main 2020 and contact NTA authority to rectify the errors, if any. NTA has mandated that candidates should carry a good quality colour printout of their JEE Main admit card to be produced at the exam centre for appearing for Jee Mains. Candidates are also required to carry the passport size coloured photograph and photo ID along with the JEE Main admit card 2020.
STEPS TO DOWNLOAD ADMIT CARD
- Go to the official website @ jeemain.nta.nic.in
- Click on the “Download Admit Card Link”
- There are two options to download the JEE Main admit card:
Option 1: Through application number and password
Option 2: Through application number and date of birth
- Click on any option to reach the admit card download screen.
- The procedure to download is given separately for both the options
Click here to download– https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/webinfo/public/home.aspx
NTA has also given the option to request for change in examination city after the release of admit card. Students have to login to their candidate portal using their login credentials and use option of query redressal system to request for change in examination city. Candidates must note that they will be allowed to appear for the exam without the a valid admit card, valid photo ID proof and a passport size colour photograph. JEE Main 2020 first attempt exam will be conducted from January 6 to 11 while second attempt will be conducted in April. The JEE Main 2020 admit card will carry exam instructions to be followed by candidates diligently. Jee mains 2020 for first attempt will be released on January 31 while for April attempt, it will be released on April 30.
Download JEE Main 2020 admit card through application number and password
- Enter the application number
- Next enter the password that was entered during the registration time
- Enter the security pin given below and login.
- Use the “Download admit card” button to download the JEE Main admit card and save it.
Download JEE Main admit card 2020 through application number and date of birth
- Enter the JEE Main application number
- Second enter the date of birth as mentioned in application form
- Enter the security pin given below on the screen to login.
- With the help of the “Download admit card” option, download the admit card of JEE Main
- Save it for future reference
What to do after downloading the JEE Main 2020 admit card?
- First verify all the details mentioned on the admit card
- Download and take a good quality coloured print
- Keep a saved copy for future reference
Details Mentioned in the JEE Main Admit Card 2020
The admit card of JEE Main is a sort of identity card for students appearing for the exam. Hence it is imperative that students check the details mentioned therein. The following details are mentioned in JEE Main admit card 2020:
- Name of Candidate
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- State of Eligibility
- Roll Number
- Paper for which appearing
- Application Number
- Exam Centre Name
- Exam Centre Address
- Timing of Exam
- Photograph of Candidate
- Signature of Candidate
- Candidate’s parent signature
Forgot JEE Main 2020 Password?
To download JEE Main admit card, candidates must use, “I can’t access my account” option. The steps to follow are as follows
- Users must click on “I can’t access my account”
- Two options will be displayed- “I forgot my password and I forgot my application number”
- Click on “I forgot my password” button
- A new window will open where candidates have to further chose how to reset their password:
Make Use of the security question and answer you chose during form filling
Use verification code sent via text message (SMS) to the registered mobile number
Use a reset link sent via Email to the registered Email ID
- Depending upon the option chosen, the link to reset the password will be given
- Candidates must use the same to reset it and note it down for future login attempts
- They must also download their admit card thereafter using the new password.
Documents to carry with JEE Main 2020 Admit Card to exam centre
Candidates must carry the following documents to the exam centre along with the JEE Main 2020 admit card on the exam day. The list is given below
- Passport size colour photograph (same as the one used in JEE Main application form)
- Valid photo ID like Aadhar, Voter ID, Passport, School Identity Card/ PAN Card/ Driving License/ Ration Card
- PwD certificate in case of candidates who belong to the category
Special allowances to diabetic students
While eatables and drinks including water bottles are prohibited in the exam centre, certain concessions have been given to diabetic students keeping their health concerns in mind. They are allowed to carry
- Sugar tablets
- Fruits (like banana/apple/orange)
- Transparent water bottle
Note: They will not be allowed to carry packed foods like chocolate/candy/ sandwich etc
Items prohibited in JEE Main 2020 exam hall
NTA has listed items which are prohibited in the exam hall. Candidates carrying any one of these will be debarred from the exam. These items are
- Electronic gadget/ device, Calculator
- Instrument/ Geometry/ Pencil box
- Handbag, Purse
- Any kind of Paper/ Stationery
- Eatables/ snacks and Tea/coffee/ cold drinks/ Water (loose or packed)
- Mobile Phone/ Earphone/ Microphone/Pager
- Camera, Tape Recorder
- Any metallic item
Exam day instructions mentioned on JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
Candidates should follow the instructions for exam which are mentioned on their JEE Main 2020 admit card. These are
- Candidates should reach the exam centre at least two hour in advance to the start of exam.
- If possible, Candidates should visit the exam centres once before the exam day to have proper idea of route and traffic. This could save their time and would avoid last minute hassle on the day of exam
- Candidates should bring all the necessary items which need to be carried to the exam centre.
- Students should not bring any prohibited items along with them at the exam centres
- Candidates are advised not to indulge in any unfair means during the exam
JEE Main 2020 Schedule
Candidates can find here the complete schedule of JEE Main 2020. The schedule mentions day and timings of exam on each day since the JEE Main 2020 is held on multiple days in the morning and evening slot.
|Events||First Shift||Second Shift|
|Timing of Exam||09:30 AM to 12:30 PM||02:30 PM to 05:30 PM|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours||3 Hours|
|Frisking and Entry in Exam Centre||07:30 AM to 08:30 AM||12:30 PM to 01:30 PM|
|Entry in Exam Hall||08:45 AM to 09:00 AM||01:45 PM to 02:00 PM|
|Instructions by Invigilator||09:15 AM to 09:25 AM||02:15 PM to 02:25 PM|
|Test Starts||09:30 AM||02:30 PM|
|Test Concludes||12:30 PM||05:30 PM|
Download JEE Main admit card 2020 (April/ January)
- The procedure to download the JEE Main admit card is the same as in January attempt.
- However for candidates who have appeared for both January and April, there are separate download buttons for the admit card
- The January JEE Main 2020 admit card can be downloaded using the “Download admit card” button that can be seen on the left hand side menu exclusive for January attempt..
- The JEE Main admit card for April can be downloaded from the download link visible on the window.