NTA has released the JEE Mains exam day guidelines 2023 at jeemain.nta.nic.in. The JEE Main exam instructions is announced along with the release of IIT JEE Main admit card. Applicants appearing for the NTA JEE paper are advised to follow all the JEE Main 2023 exam day instructions and COVID-19 protocols at the exam centre. Jee Mains Exam day Guidelines , Dress Code , Documents , Instruction 2023
Candidates are required to carry their JEE Main admit card along with a valid photo ID proof and self declaration form at the exam centre. Knowing the various JEE Main exam guidelines is important as it enables candidates to avoid mistakes unwillingly.
The exam will be held in two shifts, from 9 AM to 12 PM (morning shift) and from 3 PM to 6 PM (evening shift) in various test centres across the country and abroad. JEE Main 2023 exam date first attempt is on January 24, 25, 28, 29, 30, 31 and February 1.
JEE Main Exam Instructions: Check IIT JEE Main exam timings
|Particular||First Shift||Second Shift|
|JEE Main 2023 exam time||9 am to 12 pm||3 pm to 6 pm|
|Entry in the examination centre||7:30 am to 8:30 am||2:00 pm to 2:30 pm|
|JEE Main 2023 instructions given by the invigilator||8:30 am to 8:50 am||2:30 am to 2:50 pm|
|Candidate login to read instructions||8:50 am||2:50 pm|
|Commencement of JEE Main 2023 exam||9:00 am||3:00 pm|
JEE Mains 2023 Exam Date
|Events||JEE Main 2023 Exam Date First Attempt||JEE Mains 2023 Exam Date Second Attempt|
|Release of Application form||December 15, 2022||February 7, 2023|
|Last date to fill the form||January 12, 2023||March 7, 2023|
|Announcement of exam city||January second week 2023||March third week, 2023|
|Release of admit card||January third week 2023||March last week 2023|
|JEE Main 2023 exam date||January 24, 25, 28, 29, 30 , 31,|
and February 1, 2023
|06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 April 2023|
|Display of Answer key||February first week||April third week 2023|
|Declaration of Result||February second week||April last week 2023|
Things To Remember On JEE Main 2023 Exam Day
- Visit your JEE Main exam centre a day before the exam to familiarise yourself with the location and assess factors like time and distance.
- Ensure you reach the test centre at least half an hour before the reporting time mentioned in your JEE Main 2023 admit Card. Candidates, reporting after the gate closes, will not be allowed to enter the test venue. Candidates will be undergoing various mandatory processes, thus reaching on time is important.
- Candidates must write their name and roll number at the top of the sheet and must return the sheets and admit card to the Invigilator, before leaving the exam hall.
- Enter your required details in the attendance sheet in legible handwriting, put your signature, Left Hand Thumb Impression and paste the Photograph at the appropriate place. The Left-Hand Thumb Impression is clear and not smudged.
- Attempt the paper with a relaxed mind. For this, you would need adequate rest and enough sleep before the final day of the exam to avoid strain and anxiety.
- Have faith in yourself and before going off to sleep create your virtual picture of successfully completing the exam. This practice helps in reducing your stress levels and infusing confidence.
- Take a shower and go fresh to the examination centre.
- It is extremely important to keep your body and mind in balance on the day of the exam. Therefore, take a light breakfast on an empty stomach might also stimulate anxiety.
- Just before appearing for the exam, you may go through your notes once. But, do not refer to any new question or topic. This is highly prohibited as it’ll increase your stress level which can have a negative impact on your performance. But you can check out some of your flashcards or revision notes.
What To Carry To JEE Main 2023 Exam Centre
Remember to check all the necessary items before leaving for the examination centre including:
- JEE Main admit card 2023 along with Self Declaration (Undertaking) downloaded from the NTA Website (a clear printout on A4 size paper) duly filled in.
- A simple transparent Ball Point Pen.
- Additional photograph 2/3 to be pasted on the attendance sheet
- Personal hand sanitiser (50 ml) – optional
- Personal transparent water bottle
- Special privilege: Diabetic students will be allowed to carry eatables like sugar tablets/fruits (like banana/apple/ orange) and transparent water bottles to the test centre. However, they will not be allowed to carry packed foods like chocolates/candy/sandwiches etc.
Important note: Candidates will not be allowed to enter their JEE Main 2023 exam centre without identity verification.
What Not To Carry JEE Main 2023 Exam Centre
Stationary: Do not carry any stationery including pen, paper, pencil, textual material (printed or written material)pencil box, geometry box etc. Pen/ Pencil and blank paper sheets for rough work will be provided in the examination room.
ID Cards: ID cards issued by schools/ colleges/ universities/coaching centres will not be considered as valid ID. Even photocopies or images stored in mobile phones will not be accepted. Thus, do not carry any of these.
Eatables: Do not carry eatables (loose or packed) and water inside the exam hall. These will not be allowed.
Electronics/Gadgets: Any metallic item or electronic gadgets/ devices will not be allowed in the exam hall. This includes Mobile Phone, Ear Phone, Microphone, Pager, Calculator, DocuPen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Camera, Tape Recorder etc. Aspirants will also not be allowed to wear/carry any type of watch including Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, any metallic item or electronic gadgets/ devices in the Examination Hall/Room.
Handbags: Candidates will not be allowed to carry any kind of handbag or purse.
Note: There may not be any provision for the safekeeping of valuables at JEE Main 2021 exam centre.
JEE Main 2023 Dress Code
There are certain rules that must be followed while going for JEE Main 2023 examination.
NTA has not specified any dress code for JEE Main. So, appearing students can wear whatever they wish and comfortable in. Here, we have suggested some details for JEE Main 2023 dress code:
- Do not wear anything with too many pockets.
- Do not wear jewelry.
- Wear simple, clothes without accessories.
- Preferably wear a t-shirt and jeans, or top/Kurti with leggings.
JEE Main 2023 is a qualifying platform for nearly 2,50,000 students in order to take JEE Advanced. This year, IITs have increased 10,000 seats, hence making it easier for more candidates to qualify for JEE Advanced and aspire for their dream college.
How to Mark Attendance in JEE Main 2023?
JEE Main aspirants will be required to enter the required details in an attendance sheet provided by the invigilator. They will have to put their signature and left-hand thumb impression on the attendance sheet. Candidates are also required to paste their coloured passport-sized photograph which should be the same as that in the application form. They should ensure that their left-hand thumb impression is clear and not smudged with any tattoo or henna (Mehendi).
JEE Main 2023 COVID-19 Guidelines
- Standard Operating Procedures for safety and maintaining the required standard for hygiene will be implemented before the start of the exam. Seating area including monitor keyboard, mouse, webcam, desk and chair will be sanitized. Moreover, all door handles, staircase railing, lift buttons will be disinfected.
- Candidates will have to maintain 6 feet from each other. Floor marks will be arranged outside the centre.
- If the body temperature of a candidate is higher than COVID-19 norms, he or she will be required to take an exam in a separate room.
- Candidates will be required to sign the attendance sheet only after sanitizing their hands.
- Candidates will have to drop their JEE Main admit card and rough sheet in the box after displaying it to the invigilator.