The National Testing Agency will release JEE Main exam day guidelines 2022 along with the admit card on the official website -jeemain.nta.nic.in. Every candidate appearing for Joint Entrance Examination Main 2022 shall adhere to guidelines issued by the officials. The exam day guidelines consist of dress code, do’s and don’t for JEE Main 2022 and more. Further, the exam conducting authority will ensure to have adequate arrangements at all the JEE Main exam centres regarding the COVID-19 situation. Check the exam schedule of JEE Main 2022 from below.
JEE Main 2022 exam day guidelines
- No candidate shall be allowed to enter the examination premises after gate closing time. Thus, candidates must make sure to reach the exam centre beforehand.
- Every candidate shall carry JEE Main 2022 admit card along with valid identity proof.
- Candidates shall fill the self-declaration form and fill the necessary details before reaching the JEE Mains 2022 exam centres.
- Under COVID-19 guidelines, candidates must carry a mask and sanitiser. Social distancing shall be maintained by the candidates.
- The scribble paper will be provided by the examination centre. Thus, candidates shall not carry any paper with them.
- Candidates claiming PwD reservation shall carry a PwD certificate issued by the competent authority to the exam centre.
JEE Main 2022 exam schedule
|Particulars||First Shift||Second Shift|
|Exam Timings||9:00 AM to 12:00 PM||3:00 PM to 6:00 PM|
|Entry in Exam Centre||7:00 AM to 8:30 AM||1:00 PM to 2:30 PM|
|Test Commences||9:00 AM||3:00 PM|
JEE Main 2022 Exam Day Guidelines
Mentioned below are the JEE Main exam day guidelines for the D-Day which every candidate need to adhere to it:
Candidates are advised to reach the venue in accordance with the reporting time mentioned in JEE Mains 2022 admit card
- No candidates will be allowed entry in JEE Main 2022 exam centre after gate closing time and candidates will not be allowed to leave the exam centre premises before the exam concludes.
- Candidates wearing any special attire due to religious reasons are advised to reach the exam centres earlier in order to undergo thorough checking and mandatory frisking.
- The candidate must carry admit card of JEE Main 2022 along with all the other required documents to the exam centre. A candidate who does not possess the JEE Main admit card will not be permitted for the examination under any circumstances by the Centre Superintendent.
- Before reaching the JEE Main exam centres, candidates have to duly fill the self-declaration form, paste their passport sized photograph and put the left hand thumb impression in the space provided.
- Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as instructed by the centre superintendent/invigilators.
- Social distancing must be maintained by the candidates.
- Candidates should take their seat immediately after the opening of the examination hall. They can log-in and read instruction, before the commencement of the exam.
- Pen/Pencil and blank paper of rough work will be provided in the examination hall. Candidates must write their name and roll number at the top of their sheet. This sheet needs to be returned to the invigilator before leaving the examination hall.
- Candidates need to enter the required details in the attendance sheet, put signature and paste photograph at the designated place.
- Candidates need to ensure that their left thumb impression should be clear and not smudge on the attendance sheet.
- Candidates claiming PwD reservation must carry PwD certificate issued by the competent authority to the exam centre.
JEE Main 2022 COVID-19 Guidelines
- Standard Operating Procedures for safety and maintaining the required standard for hygiene will be implemented before the start of the exam. Seating area including monitor keyboard, mouse, webcam, desk and chair will be sanitized. Moreover, all door handles, staircase railing, lift buttons will be disinfected.
- Candidates will have to maintain 6 feet from each other. Floor marks will be arranged outside the centre.
- If the body temperature of a candidate is higher than COVID-19 norms, he or she will be required to take an exam in a separate room.
- Candidates will be required to sign the attendance sheet only after sanitizing their hands.
- Candidates will have to drop their JEE Main admit card and rough sheet in the box after displaying it to the invigilator.
JEE Main Exam Guidelines 2022: What is the dress code for JEE Mains?
For the first time, NTA has announced the dress code for JEE Main 2022. According to the notification, candidates with thick-soled shoes and clothes with large buttons will not be allowed to enter the examination centre. Jewellery and metal items will also not be allowed by the candidates.
JEE Main 2022 Exam Day Guidelines – Diabetic Candidates
For Diabetic candidates, authorities have allowed carrying eatables like sugar tablets/fruits (like banana/apple/ orange) and transparent water bottle. However, they are not allowed to carry packed foods like chocolate/candy/ sandwich into the examination hall.
Which items are prohibited at JEE Main exam centres?
According to JEE Main exam day guidelines, candidates are not allowed to carry any electronic devices such as mobile phones, calculators, slide rules, log tables, printed or written material, bits of papers, pager, or any other device. If any candidate is in possession of any of the above items, his/her candidature will be treated as unfair means and his/her current examination will be cancelled & he/she will also be debarred for future examination(s) & the equipment will be seized.
Code of Conduct for Candidates during JEE Main 2022
Candidates will maintain perfect silence. Any conversation or gesture or disturbance in the examination hall will be deemed as misbehaviour. If a candidate is found using unfair means or impersonating, his/her candidature shall be cancelled and he/she will be liable to be debarred for taking examination either permanently or for a specified period according to the nature of the offence.
JEE Main 2022 Guidelines on Admit Card
- Candidates must check their JEE Main admit card carefully for their Name, Paper, Date of Birth, Gender, Test Centre Name, City, State Code of Eligibility and Category. In case they find any discrepancy, immediately communicate to JEE Main conducting authority.
- In case candidates are unable to download the admit card they need to contact JEE Main authorities at 0120-6895200 or mail at [email protected]
- JEE Main 2022 admit card will be issued provisionally to the candidate subject to his/her satisfying the eligibility conditions.
- Along with the JEE Main admit card, candidates will have to carry the following items to the examination centre keeping regard with the COVID-19 pandemic:
- One original valid photo identity proof issued by the government (PAN card, Driving License, Voter ID, Passport, Aadhaar card with photograph, E-Aadhar, Ration Card, Aadhaar enrollment number with photo).
- One passport size photograph (same as uploaded with the online application form of JEE Main 2022). This photograph will be required to paste it on the attendance sheet at the centre.
- Duly filled in self-declaration form (Undertaking) downloaded from the NTA Website.
- A transparent Ball Point Pen.
- Personal hand sanitizer (50 ml).
- Personal transparent water bottle.
- Mask and gloves
- Sugar tablets/ whole fruits for candidates who are diabetic
5. For the drawing test (B.Arch paper part 3) – candidates have to bring their own geometry box, pencils, erasers, color pencils/ crayons.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) – JEE Main 2022 Exam Day Guidelines (Released) – Check JEE Mains Guidelines and COVID-19 Advisory
Question: Will candidates be allowed to take a watch to the JEE Main exam centre?
Candidates will not be allowed to take electronic watches which fulfills the purpose of calculators into the examination centres. Simple watches will be allowed inside the exam centre.
Question: What are the items are prohibited at JEE Main 2022 exam centres?
All electronic gadgets are prohibited inside the exam centre of JEE Main 2022 – mobile phones, slide rules, calculators, log tables, bits of papers, printed or written material, pager etc.,
Question: What will be the JEE Main 2022 exam timing?
The JEE Main 2022 exam will be held two shifts a day. Shift 1 will be conducted from 9 AM to 12 PM and shift 2 will be conducted from 3 PM to 6 PM.
Question: When is JEE Main 2022 exam going to be held?
JEE Main 2022 will be held in June and July.
Question: Is self study enough to crack JEE Main?
Yes. If the student works hard and is diligent with his/her studies, cracking JEE Main is not a tough thing.