Jadavpur University ( যাদবপুর বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় )is a member of the Association of India Universities (AIU) and has been accredited by the NAAC with Grade ‘A’. Jadavpur University ranks 4 and 11 under the ‘University‘ and ‘Engineering‘ categories by the NIRF 2022 Rankings, released on July 15. It also ranks 12 under the ‘Overall‘ category by the NIRF 2022.. Established in 1955, Jadavpur University is a state-level university. Jadavpur University has 36 departments that collectively offer more than 130 courses at UG, PG and doctoral levels. ( WBJEE )
All these courses are UGC-approved and are offered across four fields, including Arts, Science, Engineering & Technology and Interdisciplinary Studies. The University also offers distance education courses recognised by Indira Gandhi National Open University. The University has 2 affiliated institutions namely the J.D. Birla Institute and the Institute of Business Management. The major highlights of Jadavpur University that throw light on its academic excellence since its establishment are tabulated below:
Jadavpur University Highlights
|Year of establishment | Ownership Type||1955 | State-level|
|Campus size||– Jadavpur: 56 acre – Salt Lake: 26 acre|
|NIRF Rankings 2022||– 4 under ‘University‘ – 11 under ‘Engineering‘ – 12 under ‘Overall‘|
|Accredited by||NAAC with Grade ‘A’|
|Number of affiliated colleges||2|
|Number of departments||36|
|Number of courses offered||130|
|Scholarship type||Merit-based, Need-based|
Jadavpur University Quick Facts
- Jadavpur University’s collaborations have led to a greater diversity of campus activities The collaboration includes international exchange programs and has allowed students to spend a semester or two in institutions abroad, thus broadening their intellectual horizons; students of engineering have been benefited through their participation in industry and industrial processes. Read more: Jadavpur University News & Articles
- 30 professors from Jadavpur University are featured in the top 2% of scientists by the prestigious Stanford University.
- Jadavpur University has launched a Community Radio Station, RadioJU at 90.8 Mhz. It’s the first of its kind in Eastern India and it has started as part of the ongoing Jadavpur University Project TEQIP in collaboration with the School of Media Communication and Culture. The university always tries to promote community interactions and the dissemination of all kinds of knowledge.
Jadavpur University Rankings
|QS World University Ranking||2023||701-750|
|QS World Rankings||2021||651-700|
Jadavpur University placements 2022: Highlights
The key highlights of Jadavpur University Engineering placements 2022 are presented below:
|No. of companies visited||100+|
|Highest package||INR 1.8 crore per annum (Facebook)|
|Second package||INR 1.4 crore per annum (Google)|
|Third highest package||INR 1.1 crore per annum (Amazon)|
More than 100 companies visited the campus and 84% of students were placed during Jadavpur University Engineering placements 2022. The highest package offered during Jadavpur University Engineering placements 2022 was INR 1.8 crore per annum. The top recruiters during Jadavpur University placements 2022 were Facebook, Google, Amazon and Apple. Further, 50 students have received a package of INR 40 LPA during Jadavpur University Engineering placements 2022.
Earlier, more than 100 companies visited and 750+ offers were made during Jadavpur University placements 2021. The highest and average packages recorded in 2021 were INR 58 LPA and INR 10.2 LPA respectively. Jadavpur University placements 2021 was majorly not affected by the pandemic and a number of students have bagged an annual package of INR 56 LPA. The Computer Science and Engineering department witnessed 98% placement in 2021. The top recruiters of Jadavpur University in 2021 included leading companies such as Google, Airbus, Amazon and Tata Steel. The table below shows a few of the top recruiters of Jadavpur University:
|DE Shaw & Co.||Jio|
|Deutsche Bank||Wells Fargo|
Department wise placement records of the previous year:
|Department||Highest CTC||Average CTC||Top-recruiters|
|Computer Science & Engineering||INR 58 LPA||INR 21 LPA||Google India, Atlassian, Shoppe, Microsoft|
|Information & Technology||INR 51 LPA||INR 16.57 LPA||Goldman Sachs, Adobe, Wells Fargo, DE Shaw|
|Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||INR 34 LPA||INR 13.6 LPA||Texas Instruments, Siemens, Microsoft, Condensation|
|Electrical Engineering||INR 65 LPA||INR 11 LPA||Tata Steel, Vedanta, HSBC, LNT ECC|
|Mechanical Engineering||INR 17.6 LPA||INR 8.5 LPA||BHEL, Aditya Birla Group, HSBC|
|Civil Engineering||INR 12 LPA||INR 6 LPA||LNT Construction, ZS Associates, TCS,|
|Chemical Engineering||INR 16.8 LPA||INR 6.2 LPA||Reliance Industries, ZS Associates, Infosys, Capgemini|
|Production Engineering||INR 22 LPA||INR 7.5 LPA||Goldman Sachs, PWC, Reliance Industries|
|Power Engineering||INR 14 LPA||INR 6.1 LPA||Optum Solution, Vedanta, TCS Digital|
|Construction Engineering||INR 11 LPA||INR 5.6 LPA||Capgemini, Infosys, LNT Construction, ZS Associates|
|Printing Engineering||INR 7 LPA||INR 5 LPA||Cognizant, Capgemini, Infosys, TCS Digital|
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||INR 28.75 LPA||INR 10.4 LPA||Amazon, Goldman Sachs, HPCL, Samsung|
Jadavpur University BTech Placements 2021
|BTech Specialisation||Average Salary||No. of Offers||Batch Strength|
|CSE||INR 15.5 LPA||68||63|
|IT||INR 13.5 LPA||79||74|
|Electronics & Telecommunication||INR 9.2 LPA||59||76|
|Civil||INR 5.5 LPA||42||108|
|Mechanical||INR 6 LPA||75||105|
|Chemical||INR 5.5 LPA||47||91|
|Electrical||INR 9 LPA||93||109|
|Production||INR 6.7 LPA||27||44|
|Instrumentation||INR 9.2 LPA||39||45|
|Power||INR 7.5 LPA||30||49|
|Metallurgy||INR 6 LPA||24||36|
|Construction||INR 4.5 LPA||11||44|
Jadavpur University UG Admission 2023
Jadavpur University offers UG courses under different specializations. Some popular UG courses are B.Tech. and B.E., for which the most basic eligibility criteria is to complete a 10+2 level examination with the minimum required marks in aggregate.
Given below is the table of UG courses along with different specializations offered by Jadavpur University:
|B.A.||English, Economics, Political Science, History, Comparative Literature, Bengali, Philosophy, Sanskrit|
|B.Tech.||Food Technology and Biochemical Engineering, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering|
|B.E.||Computer Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Information Technology, Food Technology and Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Telecom Engineering, Printing Engineering and Graphic Communication, Metallurgical Engineering, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Construction Technology, Production engineering|
Jadavpur University FEE STRUCTURE
|For Engineering Courses other than Information Technology||₹5,710 (fees for two years)|
|For Information Technology (TFW)||₹24,860 (fees for one year)|
|For Information Technology (Non-TFW)||₹30,860 (fees for one year)|
|Hostel Admission Charges (inclduing Mess Advance)||₹3,000|
|Hostel Seat Rent (per Year)||₹180|
|Electricity Charges (per Year)||₹120|
|Note: Mess charges to be paid as actual.|
Jadavpur University UG Eligibility Criteria
The most basic criteria for admission in all the UG courses is to qualify a 10+2 level examination from CBSE or equivalent board.
Jadavpur University UG Selection Process
- For admission to B.Arch. and B.Tech. courses, Jadavpur University accepts valid scores of WBJEE.
- For admission to the B.Pharma course, candidates must qualify the entrance exam with merit scores.
- The admission committee prepares a list of selected candidates which is prepared on the basis of aggregate scores of 10+2 board examination and entrance examination.
Jadavpur University PG Admission 2023
Jadavpur University offers 9 different courses at the PG level with multiple specializations. The most basic eligibility criteria for taking admissions into the PG courses is to complete a bachelor’s level degree examination with minimum required marks.
The table given below highlights different PG courses along with their specializations.
|M.A.||International Relations, English, Economics, Film Studies, History, Education, Environmental and Development, Bengali, Philosophy, Sanskrit, Comparative Literature, International Relations, and Political Science|
|M.Pharma.||Pharmaceutical Technology, Pharmacy Practice, and Clinical Pharmacy|
|M.Tech.||Intelligent system and Robotics, Food Technology and Biochemical Engineering, Computer technology, Microelectronics and VLSI design, Energy Science and Technology, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Environmental Science, Nanoscience and Technology, Nuclear Engineering, Illumination Technology, and Design, Material Engineering, Hydraulics, and Water Resources Engineering, Multimedia Development, Distributed and Mobile Computing, Courseware Engineering|
|M.Sc.||Biotechnology, Mathematics Chemistry, Applied Geology, Physics, Electronics, and Instrumentation, Electronic Science|
Jadavpur University PG Eligibility Criteria
- The basic eligibility criteria for admission into PG courses is to hold a UG degree in the relevant specialization.
- For M.Sc. and M.Tech, candidates must qualify B.Sc. and B.Tech. respectively from a recognized university.
- For other PG courses such as M.A., M.Pharma, and M.C.A., candidates are required to qualify B.A., B.Pharma. and B.C.A. respectively with the minimum required aggregate marks.
Jadavpur University PG Selection Process
- For admission to M.Tech. course, Jadavpur University accepts valid scores of the national level entrance exam GATE.
- For admission in the M.Sc., M.A., and other PG courses, Jadavpur University conducts an entrance examination.
- The admission committee of Jadavpur University considers the aggregate marks of the UG degree and entrance examination for granting admission to the students.
Jadavpur University Doctoral Courses Admission 2023
Jadavpur University offers 2 courses at the Doctorate level under multiple specializations. The candidates are required to qualify master’s degree with the minimum required aggregate marks for getting enrolled in Jadavpur University’s doctoral courses:
|M.Phil.||English, Film Studies, Cognitive Science, Economics, Oceanography and Coastal Management, History, Sanskrit, Philosophy, Sociology, Women’s studies, Comparative Literature, International Relations, and Political Science, Bengali, Library and Information Science, Social Science|
|Ph.D.||English, Life Science, and Biotechnology, Geography, Physics, Education, Bengali, Mathematics, International Relations, History, Economics, Sociology, Library and Information Science, Chemistry, Sanskrit, Philosophy, Applied Geology, Film Studies, Physical Education, Geological Sciences, Instrumentation Science, Comparative Literature|
Jadavpur University Doctoral courses Eligibility Criteria
- For M.Phil., candidates have to qualify master’s degree in the relevant specialization from a recognized university.
- For Ph.D, candidates are required to qualify either a master’s degree or M.Phil. level examination.
Jadavpur University Doctoral courses Selection Process
- For admission to M.Phil and Ph.D. programs in Jadavpur University, candidates have to qualify the research entrance examination conducted by the university.
- The candidates who have qualified NET or SET are exempted from the entrance examination.
- The shortlisted students who have qualified entrance examination or NET/SET are further called to the interview round for final selection.
Jadavpur University Admission Process
Candidates seeking admission into Jadavpur University can register online through the official website and submit the required application form along with the application fee. The necessary steps to apply are given below:
- Visit the official website of Jadavpur University.
- Read the information brochure carefully before filling up the online application form.
- Fill in all the required details in the application form carefully without any error.
- Pay the application fee online.
- Take a print of the transaction slip and the application form for future reference.
- Admit card, mark sheets, and passing certificates of 10th and 12th standards.
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- ID proof
- 5 passport size photographs
- Bachelor’s degree mark sheets (for higher studies)
- Master’s degree mark sheets (for higher studies)
Candidates are required to show original documents and submit the attested xerox copies in the university.
Jadavpur University Scholarships and Funding
1) Siemens Scholarship Program 2022-2023.
2) Dr. Devangana Desai Endowment Programme Scholarship 2022.
3) The Tata Capital Pankh Scholarship Programme.
Scholarship for students studying in classes 6 to 12 and
4) Scholarship program of ABB Jurgen Dormann Foundation for Engineering Education.
For more detail visit the link: https://jadavpuruniversity.in/other-information/
Jadavpur University : Infrastructure/Facilities
- LibraryJadavpur university library system comprises the Central Library, Salt Lake Campus Library, 36 departmental libraries, and also the libraries attached with schools and centres for studies. The University Central Library is housed in a three-storied building on the campus. Its shelf space and working space total 36,000 sq.ft. and is being extended via a newly constructed annex building. This will add another 5,500 sq.ft. Seven reading rooms, carrels, and an alcove for bound volumes of journals provide sitting accommodation for 700 readers. There is a separate library on the second campus at Salt Lake. The space of the Salt Lake campus Library is 6,800 sq.ft. The Central Library is home to over 6,46,296 volumes of books on record (including the Salt lake Campus Library and those loaned to departmental libraries), 80,700 bound volumes of journals, 13,000 theses and dissertations, and 37,000 items of non-book materials such as reports pamphlets, maps and micro-forms. The library subscribes to about 633 print and 2,794 online journals. The university also has access to an additional 9,082 online journals through the INFLIBNET and the INDEST consortia. In total, the university library provides access to around 12,530 Journals.The library subscribes to 30 databases which include Scopus, Econlit etc. and also about 10,057 E-books.
- HostelBoys HostelNumber of beds – 1254|In-Campus Hostel, Girls HostelNumber of beds – 622|In-Campus Hostel
- Sports ComplexThe University has various sports facilities for the students in various sports fields, that are established for the enhancement of sports spirit in students and to nurture the physical fitness of the students.Available Facilities: Badminton Court|Basketball Court|Cricket Ground|Football Ground|Tennis Court|Playground|Indoor Stadium|Outdoor Stadium|Volleyball Courts|Kabaddi Court|Kho-Kho field|Athletic Track|Multi Purpose Hall
- LabsAvailable Facilities: Civil Engineering Lab|Chemistry Lab|Computer Lab|Electrical Lab|Electronics Lab|Mechanical Lab|Physics Lab|CAD Lab|Film Characterisation Lab|Structural Lab|Solid Mechanics Lab|Concrete Lab|Materials Lab|Microprocessor Lab|PC Lab|Xeon Lab|SAP Lab|Comp. Arch Lab|Power Systems Lab|Control Systems Lab|Instrumentation Lab|AI Lab|Discreet Circuit Lab|VLSI CAD Lab|Fibre Optic Communication Lab
- CafeteriaGymHospital / Medical FacilitiesWi-Fi CampusShuttle ServiceAuditoriumA/C ClassroomsConvenience StoreOthers
Other Facilities: Guest House|Day Care Centre|Open Air Theatre|Amenities Centre|Bank|Post Office
Jadavpur University Cutoff 2022 & 2021: BTech & BPharma
Jadavpur University BTech/BPharma specialisation-wise split of cutoffs with opening and closing ranks from round 1 and round 3 of WBJEE Counselling, respectively for All-India quota, Open category candidates are tabulated below:
Jadavpur University Category wise cutoffs 2022
|B.Pharm/Pharmaceutical Technology||All India||Open||1134|
|Home State||OBC – A||5890|
|Home State||OBC – B||4586|
|Home State||Tuition Fee Waiver||2730|
|Chemical Engineering||Home State||OBC – B||1497|
|Home State||OBC – A||5278|
|Home State||Tuition Fee Waiver||1235|
|Civil Engineering||Home State||Open||1760|
|Home State||OBC – B||3075|
|Home State||OBC – A||7504|
|Home State||Tuition Fee Waiver||1824|
|Computer Science & Engineering||Home State||OBC – A||519|
|Home State||OBC – B||259|
|Home State||Tuition Fee Waiver||155|
|Construction Engineering||Home State||OBC – B||4267|
|Home State||OBC – A||9250|
|Home State||Tuition Fee Waiver||3089|
|Electrical Engineering||Home State||OBC – B||1032|
|Home State||OBC – A||3306|
|Home State||Tuition Fee Waiver||683|
|Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering||Home State||OBC – B||649|
|Home State||OBC – A||2048|
|Home State||Tuition Fee Waiver||610|
|Food Engineering And Technology||Home State||OBC – A||8992|
|Home State||OBC – B||4076|
|Home State||Tuition Fee Waiver||1521|
|Information Technology||Home State||SC||1884|
|Home State||OBC – A||1132|
|Home State||OBC – B||546|
|Home State||Tuition Fee Waiver||433|
|Instrumentation & Electronics||Home State||OBC – B||1033|
|Home State||OBC – A||3366|
|Home State||Tuition Fee Waiver||901|
|Mechanical Engineering||Home State||Open||737|
|Home State||OBC – A||5012|
|Home State||OBC – B||1257|
|Home State||Tuition Fee Waiver||1164|
|Metallurgical Engineering||Home State||Open||1475|
|Home State||OBC – A||7340|
|Home State||OBC – B||2761|
|Home State||Tuition Fee Waiver||1992|
|Power Engineering||Home State||SC||7550|
|Home State||OBC – B||2668|
|Home State||OBC – A||5783|
|Home State||Tuition Fee Waiver||1408|
|Printing Technology||Home State||ST||54067|
|Home State||OBC – A||8688|
|Home State||OBC – B||3799|
|Home State||Tuition Fee Waiver||2838|
|Production Engineering||All India||Open||605|
|Home State||OBC – A||5617|
|Home State||OBC – B||1863|
|Home State||Tuition Fee Waiver||1342|
Jadavpur University Category wise cutoffs 2021
|BTech/ BPharma Specialisation||Opening Rank (Round 1)||Closing Rank (Round 3)|
|Electronics & Communication Engg.||12||66|
|Food Technology & Bio Chemical Engg.||647||846|
|Metallurgical & Materials Engg.||454||521|
|Power & Power Plant Engineering||418||661|