Ahead of the JEE Main exam which will start from January 6, 2020, National Testing Agency (NTA) has issued an advisory for the students who would be appearing for the January session of the exam. Among the points mentioned in the advisory, the first is for students to check the details on their JEE Main admit card.
NTA has also advised students to visit their exam centre a day ahead to become familiar with the location and thus avoid any unnecessary delay on the day of the exam.
On the day of the JEE Main exam, a candidate must carry their admit card, One Passport size photograph (same as uploaded with the Online Application Form), a valid photo id proof in original, and PwD certificate (if applicable).
Candidates are not allowed to carry any item other than their JEE Main admit card, passport photo, and id proof, inside the exam venue. Pen/pencil and blank paper for rough work will be provided to the student inside the exam hall.
The JEE Main 2020 exam will be computer-based and hence students should familiarize themselves with the mode of the exam. Mock test links for this purpose are available on JEE Main and NTA websites.
JEE Main January 2020 exams will conclude on January 9, 2020. The exam will be held at different centres located in 233 cities throughout the country and abroad. After the exam is over, NTA will release the provisional answer key for the JEE Main exam.
- Please check the following as indicated on your Admit Card
- Reporting Time at Centre
- Gate Closing time of Centre
- Date of Examination
- Shift and Timings of Test
- Venue of Test
- Try to visit the Examination Centre, a day before the examination as it will familiarize you with the location and the means of reaching the venue of the Test on time.
- Please reach the venue of the Test at the Reporting Time mentioned on the Admit Card as several pre-examination formalities need to be completed. If you report beyond the reporting time, you would not be allowed to enter the Test venue. Instructions have been issued for strict compliance.
- Only the following items will be permitted
- Admit Card downloaded from the NTA Website (a clear preferably colour printout on A4 size paper).
- One Passport size photograph (same as uploaded with the Online Application Form) to be pasted on the Attendance Sheet at the Centre.
- A Valid Photo ID Proof in ORIGINAL (PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/E- Aadhaar/Ration Card/12th Class Board Admit Card with photograph/ Bank Passbook with Photograph). Please note that ID Cards issued by Schools/ Colleges/ Universities/ Coaching Centres, AADHAR enrollment receipt without AADHAR NUMBER and PHOTOCOPIES OR Images Stored in mobile phones, etc will NOT be accepted
- (Note: No Candidate would be allowed to enter the Examination Centre, without identity verification).
- PwD certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if claiming the relaxation under PwD category. Candidates with Physical Disability are requested to report early for facilitation during entry.
- Candidates are NOT allowed to carry Instrument/ Geometry/ Pencil box, Handbag, Purse, any kind of Paper/ Stationery/ Textual material (printed or written material), Eatables and Water (loose or packed), Mobile Phone/ Ear Phone/ Microphone/ Pager, Calculator, DocuPen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Camera, Tape Recorder, to wear/carry any type of watch including Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, any metallic item or electronic gadgets/ devices in the Examination Hall/Room. As there may not be any provision for safekeeping of valuables at the Centre.
- Pen/Pencil and blank paper sheets for rough work will be provided at the examination Hall/Room. Make sure to write your name and Roll Number at the top of the sheet and return the sheets and Admit Card to the Invigilator, before leaving the Examination Hall/Room.
- Candidates must enter the required details in the Attendance Sheet in a legible handwriting. And put your signature, Left Hand Thumb Impression and paste the Photograph at the appropriate place. You must ensure that your Left-Hand thumb Impression is clear and not smudged.
- You must note that the Examination will be computer-based and hence you must familiarise yourself with the same.
- Do not resort to any unfair means or indulge in any unfair examination practices as the examination centres are under surveillance of CCTV and equipped with Jammers.
- You must go through all instructions given in the Admit Card and the Information Bulletin.
NTA ISSUE ADVISORY-https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/WebInfo/Handler/FileHandler.ashx?i=File&ii=204&iii=Y
Comments are closed.