BITSAT 2022 dates have been released by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani. Candidates can now fill out and submit the BITSAT 2022 application form for Session I until May 21 (5 PM). The authorities will conduct BITSAT 2022 in two sessions – June 20 to 26 (Session I) and July 22 to 26 (Session II). Only those candidates who have applied for Session I will be eligible to attempt the second session. Registered candidates will be required to book their slots for the exam as only after BITSAT slot booking, candidates will be allowed to download their admit cards. Through this article, Candidates can go through various details related to the BITSAT 2022 exam.
What is BITSAT?
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT) 2022 is an entrance exam conducted by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani, for admissions to undergraduate engineering courses (BE) at its three campuses located at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. Admissions will be offered to the candidates into BE, BPharm and MSc programmes after qualifying for the admission test. The exam is conducted online and around 3 lakh students apply for this entrance exam every year.
BITSAT 2022 Highlights
Students aspiring for BITSAT 2022 exam can check various important details related to the exam in the table below:
|Full-Form||Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT)|
|Conducting Body||BITS Pilani|
|Exam Level||University-based National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Computer-based Test|
|Application Fee||Boys: INR 3,400/- (1st Session) INR 5,400/- (Both Sessions)Girls: INR 2,900/- (1st Session) INR 4,400/- (Both Sessions)|
|Exam Frequency||Twice a year|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Number of Questions||130 MCQs|
|Total Seats Offered||Around 2,000|
|Applications Per Year||About 3 Lakh|
|Number of Exam Centres||61|
|Accepting Colleges||BITS Pilani, BITS Hyderabad, BITS Goa|
|BITSAT Helpline||01596-242205; [email protected]|
BITSAT 2022 Exam Dates
Candidates must go through the following table to check the BITSAT exam dates 2022.
|Commencement of registration process||14-Mar-2022|
|Last date to register||21-May-2022|
|Application form correction||17-May-2022 to 23-May-2022|
|Allotment of exam centre||26-May-2022|
|Slot booking||28-May-2022 to 01-Jun-2022|
|Admit card availability||04-Jun-2022|
|BITSAT 2022 Exam -Session I||20-Jun-2022 to 26-Jun-2022|
|Availability of application form for Session II||23-Jun-2022|
|Final date to apply for Session II||07-Jul-2022|
|Test centre allotment||09-Jul-2022|
|Slot booking||11-Jul-2022 to 16-Jul-2022|
|Availability of admit card||18-Jul-2022|
|BITSAT 2022 Exam – Session II||22-Jul-2022 to 26-Jul-2022|
|Apply for admission on the basis of class 12 marks||22-Jun-2022 to 05-Aug-2022|
|Editing of preferences application form||01-Aug-2022 to 05-Aug-2022|
|Admit list and wait list announcement after Iteration I||08-Aug-2022|
|Last date for seat allotment||To be notified|
BITSAT 2022 Application Process
The application process for BITSAT 2022 involves different steps. To duly fill the application form, it is important that the candidate completes each step as given below:
Registration: In the first step, aspirants have to register themselves by providing a valid email id and mobile number. The same will be used by the BITS Pilani for any exam-related communications.
Filling the form: After successful registration, candidates need to enter their personal, communication and academic details in the online BITSAT 2022 application form. Candidates also have to select three exam centres, in the order of their preference.
Uploading of documents: In the next step, candidates have to upload scanned images of photographs and signatures in the prescribed format.
Payment of application fee: After entering all the details and uploading the documents, students need to pay the BITSAT 2022 application fee online using net banking, credit, or debit cards or UPI.
Submitting BITSAT application form: After fee payment, students need to submit their application form. They must check all the details and documents before final submission.
BITSAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Mentioned below are the BITSAT 2022 eligibility criteria that aspirants need to fulfil to appear for the Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test.
For admission to any of the First Degree programmes of BITS except BPharm (Hons):
- Aspirants should have passed the class 12th examination from a recognised Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Candidates must have adequate proficiency in English.
- Aspirants should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects.
For admission to BPharm (Hons):
- Aspirants should have passed the class 12th examination from a recognised Central or State board or its equivalent with the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Candidates must have adequate proficiency in English. However, candidates with PCMB in Class 12 can also apply for the Pharmacy programme at BITS campuses.
- Aspirants should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (and Maths, if they are PCMB students) subjects with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (and Maths, if they are PCMB students) subjects.
Additional Eligibility Criteria to keep in mind:
- Only students who are appearing for the Class 12 examination in 2022 or have passed in 2020 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT 2022. Students who have passed their Class 12 examination in 2019 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT 2022.
- If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in the 12th class or its equivalent, only his/her latest performance will be considered, provided this attempt had been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed.
- Students who are presently studying in any of the BITS campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT 2022.
- Admissions will be made purely on a merit basis. The merit position of the candidate for admission is based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT 2022. However, their eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in the Class 12 board exam, as mentioned above.
BITSAT 2022 Direct Admission to Board toppers
First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2022 will be given direct admission to the programme of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT-2022 score as per the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
BITSAT 2022: Colleges Accepting Score and Courses offered
More than three lakh students take BITSAT every year for admission to its various programmes, as mentioned below:
|BITSAT 2022: Colleges Accepting Score||Courses Offered|
|BITS Pilani – Pilani Campus||BE: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, and ManufacturingBPharmMSc: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, and General Studies|
|BITS, Pilani – K K Birla Goa Campus||BE Chemical, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical.MSc: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics.|
|BITS, Pilani – Hyderabad Campus||BE: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, and MechanicalMSc: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics|
Note: The candidates who will join the MSc programme are eligible to apply for the dual degree in Engineering at BITS Pilani after completion of one year. This assignment is made by competition on their performance at BITS at the end of the first year. (For more details refer to Admissions Modality available on the BITS admissions website.)
BITSAT 2022 Admission Process
Candidates need to follow the below-mentioned steps to appear for BITSAT 2022.
BITSAT 2022 Syllabus
BITSAT syllabus is almost same as that of class 11 & 12 NCERT syllabus. Questions in the exam will be based on various concepts of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics, Logical Reasoning, and English Proficiency. Some of the topics under all subjects will be as:
- Physics: Topics under Physics will be as units & measurement, rotational motion, mechanics of solid, Heat & thermodynamics, rotational motion, etc.
- Chemistry: Various topics will be atomic structure, states of matter, physical & chemical equilibrium, s & p-block elements, principles of organic chemistry, hydrocarbons, and much more.
- Mathematics: Some of the topics will be algebra, trigonometry, three-dimensional geometry, differential calculus, linear programming, etc.
- English Proficiency: Vocabulary, Grammar, Reading Comprehension, Analogy, and Composition.
- Logical Reasoning: Verbal reasoning- Analogy, Classification, reading passage, and many others. Non-verbal reasoning- Figure Matrix, paper cutting, rule detection, and many other topics.
BITSAT 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates must go through the following details regarding BITSAT Exam Pattern:
- Exam Mode: BITSAT 2022 will be conducted online (computer-based) only.
- No of questions: There was a total of 130 questions in the exam paper.
- Medium: The question paper will be in the English language.
- Sections: The question paper will consist of 4 sections/parts.
- Time Duration: Candidates have to attempt the question paper within 3 hours i.e. 180 minutes.
- Marking scheme: 3 marks for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
The section-wise distribution of questions will be as mentioned below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions|
|3||(A): English Proficiency(B): Logical Reasoning||(A):10(B):20|
BITSAT 2022 Preparation Tips
Aspirants can check preparation tips & tricks to prepare for BITSAT 2022:
- Go through the complete syllabus & exam pattern thoroughly
- Make a proper preparation schedule & strictly follow it
- Solve previous year question & sample paper
- Analyse each test to check your capability
- Keep at least last one week for revision
BITSAT 2022 Slot Booking
BITSAT slot booking is a mandatory procedure for all candidates who want to appear for the exam. The authorities will conduct the slot booking for the exam from May 28 to June 1 (Session I) and July 11 to 16 (Session II). The slot booking will allow students to book the date, time and slot for BITSAT 2022 entrance exam. For slot booking, candidates will need to log in to the official website using their BITSAT Application Number, Gender, Date of Birth, and Email ID. Students will be able to download their admit cards only after booking a slot for the exam.
BITSAT 2022 Admit Card
BITS Pilani will release the BITSAT 2022 admit card on the official website on June 4 (Session I) and July 18 (Session II). The hall ticket can be downloaded only after booking a slot for the exam. The BITSAT hall ticket 2022 is an important document as, without it, candidates will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
BITSAT 2022 Result
BITSAT 2022 result will be declared by the exam conducting authority online on the official website of BITS admissions. The institute will declare the BITSAT result in two steps. Firstly, candidates will get their scores immediately after the exam ends displaying the number of correct answers, incorrect answers and total marks obtained by them in BITSAT 2022. Secondly, the BITSAT result 2022 will be announced by the BITS Pilani in the form of iteration, comprising the waitlist and admit list. Only eligible candidates who score the required minimum marks will be able to participate in the BITSAT 2022 Counselling. The merit position of eligible candidates will be prepared on the basis of candidates’ BITSAT 2022 scores.
BITSAT cutoffs are the minimum marks that a candidate must score to participate in the counselling process. The cutoff scores vary from year to year. Candidates who appeared in the exam can go through the table below to check the branch-wise BITSAT cutoff of last year for its three campuses.
|Programme||BITS Pilani||BITS Goa||BITS Hyderabad|
|BE Electrical & Electronics||333||306||300|
|BE Computer Science||372||347||336|
|BE Electronics & Instrumentation||323||293||290|
|BE Electronics & Communication||—||320||314|
|MSc Biological Sciences||261||246||240|
BITSAT 2022 Counselling
BITSAT 2022 Counselling will be conducted in the form of iterations. The institute will release an admission list and waitlist after each round. There will be six or more rounds of BITSAT counselling in form of iterations likely to start in July next year.
Direct admissions will be given to all those students who have obtained the first rank in their respective State/ Central board exams, irrespective of their BITSAT 2022 Score. There is no reservation in BITSAT 2022. Candidates can check the average scores required for admission to various courses offered by the different BITS Pilani campuses from the table below:
|Programme||BITS Pilani||BITS Goa||BITS Hyderabad|
|Bachelors of Engineering (BE)||270 to 338||260 to 390||257 to 306|
|BPharm||213 to 220||–||177 to 185|
|Masters of Science (MSc)||259 to 315||252 to 282||254 to 283|