JEE Main April Application Form 2020 – National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the online application form of JEE Main April 2020 on February 7. Candidates who have registered for JEE Main 2020 January session can use the same credentials to access the application form for April session. To fill the fresh JEE Main April application form 2020, candidates will have to follow certain steps such as registration, filling in applicant details, uploading photograph and signature followed by payment of application fee in online mode only. Candidates will be able to submit the JEE Main April application form 2020 till March 7. JEE Main candidates should check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. JEE Main 2020 April session will be conducted from April 5, 7 to 9 and 11. The authorities will also open the application window correction facility to allow candidates to fix any mistakes. Read the complete article to know more about JEE Main April application form 2020.
JEE Main 2020 Application Form – Highlights
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Mode of Payment||Net banking/credit card/debit card/UPI/PayTM services|
|Details for registration||Personal and contact details|
|Documents to be uploaded||Photograph and signature|
|Application Fee||Single PaperGeneral/OBC Male Candidates – Rs. 650General/OBC Female Candidates – Rs. 325SC/ST/PwD/Transgender Candidates – Rs, 325More than One PaperGeneral/OBC Male Candidates – Rs. 1300General/OBC Female Candidates – Rs. 650SC/ST/PwD/Transgender Candidates – Rs. 650|
Important Dates of JEE Main April 2020
|1||Release of JEE Main April application form 2020||February 7, 2020 (Available)|
|2||Last date to submit the application form||March 6, 2020|
|3||Release of JEE Main admit card for April session||March 20, 2020|
|4||JEE Main 2020||April 5, 7 to 9 and 11, 2020|
Things to keep ready before filling out JEE Main April Application Form 2020
While filling out the JEE Main application form 2020 for April session, candidates will be required to enter details and upload relevant documents. Therefore, in order to avoid any last-minute problem, candidates are advised to keep the following items handy.
- Class 10th academic details
- Class 12th academic details
- Valid email id
- Mobile number
- Aadhaar card or enrollment number and details of any valid photo ID
- Coloured photograph
- Scanned signature
Specifications of Documents
|1||Photograph||File Size: 10 KB to 200 KBFile Dimension: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cmFile Format: JPEG|
|2||Signature||File Size: 4 KB to 30 KBFile Dimension: 3.5 cm x 1.5 cmFile Format: JPEG|
Note: To avoid any technical glitches, candidates are advised to prefer using the following web browsers:
- Google Chrome 3.0
- Mozilla 3.0 and above
- Internet Explorer 9 and above
JEE Main April 2020 Application Form
Candidates seeking admission to B.Tech programmes in the participating institutes of JEE Main 2020 can access the application form from February 7. In the JEE Main April application form 2020, candidates are required to enter and submit the required details. Candidates should note that the last date to fill the application form of JEE Main 2020 for April session will be March 7.
Steps to fill out JEE Main April Application Form 2020
- Those candidates who have already Appeared for JEE (Main) January 2020:
(Correction in particulars, if any will be permitted during 08.03.2020 to 12.03.2020 only)
Following 3 (Three) Steps are applicable:
Step-1: Candidate has to login with the Application Number of the January 2020 examination and its created Password/date of birth. The details of the Candidate’s name, Mother’s name, Father’s name, Category, PwD status, Gender, Date of birth, State code of eligibility will appear as earlier filled up by the candidate for JEE (Main) January 2020. Since these details are recorded in NTA score card of the January 2020 examination, any further correction is not allowed at this stage. Correction in particulars, if any will be permitted during 08.03.2020 to 12.03.2020 only
Step-2: Complete the Application Form by providing
Ø choice of course(s) (B.E./B.Tech or B Arch / B. Planning or both),
Ø question paper medium,
Ø choice of four centre cities,
Ø medium of Instructions/Study-Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in Class 11th/12th/equivalent
Ø education details of Class 12/equivalent : like type of school and Roll No and Year of Passing/Appearing
, Ø Upload 12th class/ equivalent Admit card/ Mark sheet/ Certificate (size 50kb to 500kb).
Step-3: Payment of fee by Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking/UPI/PayTM The candidate has to select Debit card/Credit card/Net banking etc. option to pay the application fee and follow the online instruction to complete the payment of fee. After successful payment, candidate will be able to print the Confirmation Page. In case the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of fee then the transaction is cancelled and amount will be refunded to the candidate’s account. However the candidate has to make another transaction, in case the Confirmation Page is not generated.
1. Registration – To fill the application form of JEE Main 2020, candidates will have to first register by entering the required details. Candidates will be able to register in two ways:
- Fresh Registration – To complete the registration process, candidates will have to enter the following details:
- Candidate’s name
- Date of birth
- Security Pin
- State of Eligibility
- Identification Type (Aadhaar, Student ID, Passport, Ration Card, Bank Account)
- Identification ID
After entering all the required fields, candidates will have to next create a password by selecting a security question and its answer. While creating a password, candidates should keep the following details in mind:
- Password should have 8 to 13 characters
- Password should have one at least one upper case alphabet, one lower case alphabet and one numeric value.
- It should have at least one special characters – [email protected]#$%^&*_.
Note down the password for future references.
- Through JEE Main January 2020 Credentials – Candidates who will fill out the application form using JEE Main 2020 January credentials will have to log in using the application number and password. These candidates will not be required to enter the details
2. Filling the application form – Candidates who will do fresh registration will have to fill the JEE Main April application form 2020 using correct details. On the other hand, candidates who will use JEE Main 2020 January credentials will not be required to submit the details. They will be required to select the choice of exam city straightaway. Candidates will have to enter the following details:
- Exam Details – Candidates will have to enter the exam they will be appearing for and also the preferred language of the exam.
- Personal Details – This section will include candidates’ name, parent’s name, category, PwD category etc..
- Qualifying Examination Details- Candidates will have to enter their class 12th marks and details.
- Guardian’s Details – This section will include details related to the guardian’s occupation, qualification and annual income.
- Exam Centres – This section has to be filled by all the candidates. In this section, candidates will have to choose their preferred exam centres.
3. Uploading relevant details – In the next step, candidates will have to upload the relevant documents in the format prescribed by the authorities. Candidates should make sure that the uploaded documents are clear.
4. Payment of application fee- Candidates will also be required to pay the JEE Main 2020 application form for April session. Candidates will be able to make payment only through online mode.
Exam Fee for JEE Main 2020 (For Examination Centres opted in India)
|JEE Main 2020 B.E./B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Plannin||Boys – Rs. 650 Girls – Rs. 325||Boys – Rs. 350Girls – Rs. 325|
|Both JEE Main 2020 B.E./B.Tech & B. Archor B.E./B.Tech & B. Planningor B.E./B.Tech, B. Arch & B.Planningor B.Arch & B.Planning||Boys – Rs. 1300Girls – Rs. 650||Boys – Rs. 650Girls – Rs. 650|
Exam Fee for JEE Main 2020 (For Examination Centres opted in Foreign Country)
|JEE Main 2020 B.E./B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Planning||Boys Rs. 3000Girls Rs. 1500||Boys – Rs. 1500Girls – Rs. 1500|
|Both JEE Main 2020 B.E./B.Tech & B. Archor B.E./B.Tech & B. Planningor B.E./B.Tech, B. Arch & B.Planningor B.Arch & B.Planning||Boys Rs. 6000Girls Rs. 3000||Boys – Rs. 3000Girls – Rs. 3000|
5. Print out of the application form – Finally, after completing all the above-mentioned steps, candidates should take at least 4 printouts for future purposes.
How to apply for EWS category in JEE Main April Application Form 2020?
Candidates seeking admission under EWS category should register for JEE Main April 2020. While filling the JEE Main April 2020 application form, candidates must opt for EWS category from the given list. It should be noted that candidates will not be required to upload their EWS certificate. However, it will be required at the time of admission and during JEE Advanced application process.
How to check the payment status of JEE Main April Application Form 2020?
Candidates will be able to check the payment status of JEE Main April 2020. Candidates will be able to print the confirmation page only if the payment status reflects OK. If the payment status is not confirmed, candidates will have to make the payment again. The earlier paid fees will be refunded within seven days.
JEE Main April Application Form 2020 Correction Window
The authorities will also open the JEE Main April 2020 application form correction window between March 8 to 12 to allow candidates fix any discrepancies in the application form. During this period candidates will be able to correct or edit details such as paper, personal details, category, name, state of eligibility etc. Also, it should be noted that payment of additional fee had to be done for correction in some fields.
Forgot Application Number of JEE Main April 2020?
In case, candidates forget the JEE Main April application number 2020 then they can follow the below-given steps to retrieve it.
- Click on “I cannot access my account”.
- Next, click on “I forgot my JEE Main application form number”.
- Enter details like name, mother’s name, father’s name, date of birth, state of eligibility and security pin in the required fields.
- Once all the information will be entered correctly, candidates will be able to retrieve the JEE Main April 2020 application form number.
JEE Main registration statistics over the years
|Year||Applicants in numbers|
Comments are closed.