NIT Delhi has been ranked at 194 position by NIRF Ranking 2022 for the best engineering colleges in India. The B.Tech program in CSE branch is one of the most sought out courses opted by students for NIT Delhi admission.The JEE Main cutoff for the B.Tech CSE branch goes around 2521. NIT Delhi is an autonomous institute that was established in the year 2010. It has been approved by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD), Govt. of India and is an Institute of National importance.
Graduates from NIT Delhi can bag an average package of INR 9.8 LPA. Around 40 leading companies from the domestic and international sector visit the campus to pick cream layers of students. Most of the job offers are provided in the areas of Software Engineering, Automobile, Technology Consulting, Analytics, Research & Development, Data Scientist, and Associate Engineering.
All Engineering Exams / College – Form Apply
NIT Delhi Highlights
|Courses||3 Degrees and 18 Courses|
|Campus size||51 acres|
|Gender percentage||Male 83% and Female 17%|
NIT Delhi Ranking
NIT Delhi is a premiere public technical university located in Delhi, India. NIT Delhi has been ranked at 194 position by NIRF Ranking 2022 for the best engineering colleges in India. The ranking for the recent years is tabulated below:
NIT Delhi Admission
NIT Delhi admissions 2022 are in process. Admission for B.Tech programs is made based on their performance in the Joint Entrance Examination(JEE) for Indian Nationals. The intake in each B.Tech program has been increased to the strength of 60 students. Admissions to 50% of the seats are made amongst the students of Delhi & Chandigarh, and the remaining 50% are made based on the All India ranking of the aspirants.
The intake in each M.Tech program is 15 students. Admissions to the M.Tech Programmes are made based on performance in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
NIT Delhi Eligibility Criteria
NIT Delhi offers various UG, PG, and Doctoral programs, and the eligibility criteria are as follows
B.Tech Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must have completed 10+2 with PCM. They must score at least 75% in HSC.
- Candidates must have a valid JEE (Mains)score.
M.Tech Eligibility Criteria
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with at least 60% marks
- Candidates who have a valid GATE score are eligible to apply for M.Tech.
PhD. Eligibility Criteria
- The Student must have completed a Master’s degree with at least 60% aggregate from a recognized university.
Nit Delhi Placement
NIT Delhi has not released the 2023 placement statistics as of now. It will be updated here as and when released by the NIT Delhi. However, 56% of the students placed by Engineering sector during NIT Delhi past years placements followed by other sectors.
Earlier, NIT Delhi placements 2021 concluded recently with 88% placement rate. As per the latest report, over 73 companies participated and presented 159 offers to the students. The highest package offered during NIT Delhi placements 2021 was INR 55 LPA, whereas the average package offered stood at INR 9.5 LPA. The top recruiters of NIT Delhi in 2021 included Adobe, Amadeus, Avalara, Code Nation, etc.
|Final Placements: The highest salary package rose by 16.3% in 2021 when compared with 2020 The overall average package rose by 8% in 2021 when compared with 2020 The overall placement percentage increased by 2% in 2021 when compared with 2020|
NIT Delhi Placements 2021: Highlights
Despite the setback due to covid-19, NIT Delhi has managed to see the highest package of INR 55 LPA during 2021 placements. The major highlights of NIT Delhi placements 2021 are presented below:
|Highest salary||INR 55 LPA|
|Average salary||INR 9.5 LPA|
|Median salary||INR 8 LPA|
|Total no. of offers||159|
|No. of recruiters||73|
|Top recruiters||Adobe, Amadeus, Avalara, Code Nation|
Note: The total number of offers includes full time jobs and internships data.
|Ug Courses- 4 Years||8 Lpa|
|Pg Courses – 2 Years||8.5 Lpa|
NIT Delhi Courses & Fees
NIT Delhi offers admission to undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees. The candidates are admitted based on their scores in national level tests, then go through counselling. Both the BTech and MTech programmes at NIT Delhi have six and seven specialisations, respectively. NIT Delhi offers 6 specialisations for the PhD programme.
|BTech (6 courses)||INR 7.76 lacs for 4 years||10+2 with 75% Exam: JEE Main|
|MTech (7 Courses)||INR 2.11 lacs for 2 years||Graduation Exam: GATE|
|PhD (6 Courses)||INR 1.13 lacs for 2 years||Post Graduation Exam: Written test/UGC NET + Personal Interview|
B.E./B.Tech. – 4 Years Courses – NIT DELHI
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Institute Fee – Btech – Nit Delhi
|Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹20,000|
|One Time Fees||₹1,200|
|Tuition Fee (per Semester)||₹62,500|
|Other fees (per Semester)||₹16,500|
|Hostel Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹10,000|
|Mess Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹10,000|
|Hostel charges (per Semester)||₹18,000|
Fee Waivers- Scholarship
- 100% Tuition Fee waiver for SC/ST/PH students.
- Full remission of the Tuition Fee for General and OBC students whose family income is less than Rs.1 lakh per annum.
- Remission of 2/3rd of the Tuition Fee for General and OBC students whose family income is between Rs.1 lakh to Rs.5 lakh per annum.
Cutoff Comparison: NIT Delhi Vs DTU Vs IIIT Delhi Vs NIT Kurukshetra Vs NSIT Delhi
|University||NIT Delhi||DTU||IIT Delhi||NIT Kurukshetra||NSIT Delhi|
|BTech Cutoff||9614 – 33847 (JEE Mains)||7261-48827 (JEE Mains)||25406 – 771239 (JoSAA)||7980- 41146 (JEE Mains)||812 – 10751 (JEE Mains)|
NIT Delhi Infrastructure Facilities
NIT Delhi provides several amenities that are necessary for a smooth learning environment. Some of the NIT Delhi facilities are boys and girls hostels, central library, classrooms, laboratories, computer centre etc. The central library of NIT Delhi is located in Narela. All the students, faculty and staff members are entitled to access all the resources and facilities of the central library.
To meet the computational requirements of students, the institute has a computer centre that is equipped with the latest technological resources. Classrooms, where students take classes, are blended with traditional learning methods. Classrooms are structured keeping in mind all the technological and other requirements in mind. Furthermore, NIT Delhi facilities also include a gym, sports facilities, medical centre, transport facilities, and canteen. The details of NIT Delhi facilities are mentioned below:
- Boys Hostel The institute helps outstation students to meet their accommodation needs. The institute has a hostel for boys students that is located on the main campus of the institute in Narela. NIT Delhi provides a well-furnished hostel facility to its students. NIT Delhi boys hostel can accommodate up to 150 students. Also, a bus facility for easy transportation is available for outstation and day scholars.
- Girls Hostel The Institute has a separate hostel for girls located at Rohini, Delhi. Currently, the NIT Delhi girls hostel have extended the boarding facility to 150 students. The students can also avail the bus facility.
- Medical/Hospital NIT Delhi offers medical facilities to its students, faculty and staff members. NIT Delhi has a health centre where all the medical needs are taken care of.
- Gym National Institute of Technology Delhi has a gym for the students so that they can be physically fit and healthy.
- Library Established in 2012 on 10th June, the central library of the National Institute of Technology Delhi was located in Dwarka to facilitate access to information resources to students and faculty. The central library shifted to the main campus in Narela on 18th February 2014. All the students and faculty members of NIT Delhi have access to the services and facilities of the central library. The library has a rich collection of books and growing rapidly in terms of number and type of collection to meet the information needs of the students. The central library offers a reading room facility to students.
- Sports The National Institute of Technology Delhi offers outdoor games facilities such as the institute has a basketball court with floodlights, a football court, cricket cemented pitch with nets. The Institute also provides indoor sports facilities for games such as chess, caroms, table tennis etc.
- I.T Infrastructure Established in 2014, the computing centre was established to meet the computational requirements of NIT Delhi students. The centre is equipped with the latest technological sources. The Institute provides computing facilities to students to enrich the educational experience. The computer centre has wifi connectivity to provide students with an internet connection having High speed (single mode) fibre backbone, managed by Layer 4 switches providing 500 Mbps (1:1) bandwidth Speed.
- Cafeteria The canteen of the institute is equipped with the following facilities latest kitchen appliances in the canteen, facility of water coolers with RO, curtain provision and stainless steel furniture including insect killer.
- Auditorium NIT Delhi organises various events in the auditorium. The auditorium is the main venue of all college events.
- Transport FacilityThe institute offers a free transport facility to the students from Narela to Rohini.
- Alumni AssociationsThe college has a good networking for alumni association.
- Wifi Complete WiFi Campus with internet and Intranet Facility
- Classrooms National Institute of Technology Delhi classrooms is a blend of traditional learning methods to help students with the knowledge and skills they need in every way of life. The classrooms of NIT Delhi are structured in such a way that all the requirements of students are fulfilled. All the classrooms are equipped with electric projectors and nine classrooms are equipped with multimedia projectors facility of electronic notice board capable to derive electronic wall in future IP camera surveillance e-podium with the facility of audio-video recording.
- Laboratories The National Institute of Technology Delhi has eight laboratories namely Integrated Electronics and Communication Lab, Electronic Design and Automation Lab (equipped with 12 Pcs), Basic Electrical and Electronics Lab, Engineering Drawing Lab (under development), Physics Lab, Chemistry Lab, Programming Lab Computer Lab I (equipped with 45 i7 Pcs), Computer Lab II (equipped with 30 i7 Pcs). The laboratories are being used by the students for conducting research, experiments and measurements.
NIT Delhi Cutoff
In order to be eligible for admission into the National Institute of Technology Delhi, candidates will be required to meet JEE Main 2023 cutoff for NIT Delhi which will consist of the opening and closing ranks. Based on JEE Main entrance examination and other factors, cutoff ranks will be determined.
The NIT Delhi JEE Mains cutoff 2023 will be based on the opening and closing rank released after the conclusion of the admission process. Currently, JEE Main cutoff for NIT Delhi is not available. As soon as it is available it will be updated on this page. Meanwhile, candidates can check the previous year NIT Delhi cut off home state and other states wise for various categories.
NOTE- All the mentioned ranks from Round 1 to Round 6 are JEE (Main) category-wise All India Ranks. All ranks mentioned in Special Round are JEE (Main) 2022 All India CRL Ranks.HS stands for Home State Quota and OS stands for Other State Quota. Vacant HS Quota seats were converted to All India Quota in Special Round.
NOTE- Josaa Round 6 cutoff (2022) is mentioned below
JEE Main Cutoff for NIT Delhi 2022
|Home State||Other State||Home State||Other State|
|Computer Science and Engineering||OPEN||13750||8954||18328||12263|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||OPEN||19406||16068||22132||22242|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||OPEN||30176||21413||39418||24923|
All Engineering Exams / College – Form Apply
JEE Main Cutoff for NIT Delhi 2021
|Home State||Other State||Home State||Other State|
|Computer Science and Engineering||OPEN||5792||5700||12372||10380|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||OPEN||12370||12777||18771||18450|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||OPEN||19422||15967||21459||21898|
* These are JEE Main 2021 NIT Delhi round 1 closing ranks. There are chances that all seats are allotted in round 1 only. Therefore, students should use round 1 cutoff as closing cutoff.