JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria for Admissions to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs
The eligibility conditions that will be considered during admission for the candidates who will not be appearing for the exam are given below:
NITs/ IIITs/ GFTIs Admission: Candidates should have obtained a minimum of 75% marks in class 12 or equivalent exam or they must be in the top 20 percentile in their class 12 examination. For SC/ ST, the eligibility is to obtain a minimum of 65% marks in class 12 or equivalent.
JEE Main 2020 B.Arch/B.Planning Admission: Candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board with a minimum 50% aggregate marks.
JEE Main 2020 – Subject Combinations for Admissions
The subjects given below are compulsory for the candidates in order to get admissions through JEE Main 2020 into NITs, IIITs and GFTIs. The subject combination for each paper is given below:
- B.Tech/B.E – Passed qualifying examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.
- B.Arch – Passed qualifying examination with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
- B.Planning – Passed qualifying examination with Mathematics
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria for Droppers
The term droppers can be classified into two categories. One are the candidates who have dropped a year after completing their class 12 to concentrate on JEE Main 2020 exam. Other one consists of those who got admitted to another institute and wish to attempt again or did not qualify JEE Main earlier and waited a year while preparation. Candidates need to check the JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria for Droppers to make sure that they will be able to appear the entrance exam without any problems.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020 for Droppers
- There is no specific age limit.
- For NITs, IIITs and CFTIs admissions, the candidates should have obtained a minimum of 75% aggregate marks or be in the top 20 percentile of their respective boards. For SC/ST category, a minimum of 65% marks required.
- It is important that they must have passed their class 12 examination in 2018 or 2019. Only three consecutive attempts are allowed for JEE Main.
- He/She should have been taken at least five subjects for the 12th class or qualifying exam (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics compulsory).
JEE Main 2020 – Details of Improvement Examination
- Improvement for all subjects – If an aspirant appears for improvement in all subjects in 2020, then the better of both the years will be considered.
- Improvement in one or more subject – If the candidate appears for improvement in 2020, then the top 20 percentile of 2019 will be taken into account. The maximum marks secured in the necessary subjects will be considered to calculate the aggregate percentage in such a case.
Top 20-Percentile Cut-Off Marks for 2019
|S No||Boards / Councils||General|
|1||Central Board Of Sec. Edu. (Cbse), New Delhi||418|
|2||Board Of Intermediate Education (Andhra Pradesh)||462|
|3||Assam Higher Secondary Education Council||NR|
|4||Aligarh Muslim University Board Of Secondary & Sr. Sec. Education, Aligarh||NR|
|5||Bihar School Examination Board, Patna||NR|
|6||Banasthali Vidyapith, Rajasthan||422|
|7||Council For The Indian School Certificate Examinations, Delhi||445|
|8||Goa Board Of Sec. And Higher Sec.Education||375|
|9||Gujarat Sec. And Higher Sec. Education Board||373|
|10||Board Of Vocational Higher Secondary Education, Kerala||384|
|11||Board Of Sec. Education, Madhya Pradesh||398|
|12||Meghalaya Board Of School Education||NR|
|13||Mizoram Board Of School Education||358|
|14||Nagaland Board Of School Education||340|
|15||Punjab School Education Board||401|
|16||Telangana State Board Of Intermediate Education, Nampally, Hyderabad||462|
|17||Tripura Board Of Secondary Education||372|
|18||Maharashtra State Board Of Secondary And Higher Secondary Education||339|
|19||U.P. Board Of High School & Intermediate Education, U. P.||334|
|20||Board Of Secondary Education Rajasthan||NR|
|21||Himachal Pradesh Board Of School Education Dharmashala, H. P.||403|
|22||Board Of School Education Haryana, Bhiwani||NR|
|23||Council Of Higher Sec. Education, Manipur||NR|
|24||National Institute Of Open Schooling, Noida||337|
|25||Govt. Of Karnataka Dept. Of Pre-University Education, Karnataka||444|
|26||Council Of Higher Sec. Education, Odisha||314|
|27||Dayalbagh Educational Institute, Agra||447|
|28||Chhatisgarh Board Of Secondary Education||371|
|29||Jharkhand Academic Council, Ranchi||321|
|30||Jammu & Kashmir State Board Of School Education||NR|
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020
|1||Qualifying exam||Candidate should have passed class 12 or qualifying the exam in 2018 or 2019.Candidate appearing in class 12 or equivalent qualifying exam in 2020 can also apply for JEE Main.|
|2||Age Limit||There is no age limit. However, the He/She have to pass 10+2 or equivalent exam in 2018 or 2019.Candidates appearing for 10+2 or equivalent exam in 2020 are also eligible to apply.|
|3||Number of attempts||JEE Main candidates can participate in the entrance exam for 3 consecutive years. The exam will be conducted twice a year, they may appear in both the attempts. The attempt for an academic year will be considered as One.|
|4||Subject/subjects combination for admission into NITs, IIITs and GFTIs||Should have passed qualifying examination withB.Tech/ B.EPhysicsMathematicsAny one of (Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject),B.ArchMathematicsPhysicsChemistryB.PlanMathematics|
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria – Age Limit
There is no age limit for appearing in the JEE Main examination. The candidates who have passed class 12th/equivalent examination in 2018, 2019 or appearing in 2020 irrespective of their age will be able to appear for JEE Main examination 2020.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria for Qualifying Exam
Candidates should have to qualify in the following exam to be eligible for the JEE Main 2020:
- Class 12 or equivalent exam conducted by a recognized Central or State board like ICSE, CBSE, CISCE etc.
- Intermediate or Pre-Degree Course exam or Pre-University Course conducted by any of the recognized Board/University.
- H.S.C – Vocational examination
- The final exam of the two year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- AICTE or SBTE recognised Diploma of at least three years duration.
- National Institute of Open Schooling conducted Senior Secondary School Examination with a minimum of five subjects.
- For admission to IITs, General Certificate Education (GCE) exam (London/ Cambridge/ Sri Lanka) at Advanced level (A).
- Association of Indian Universities (AIU) recognised School/ Board/ University examination in India or in any foreign country recognised as equivalent to the 12th class.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020 for Year of appearance in the Qualifying Exam
Candidates who have passed class 12 or any other equivalent exam in 2018 or 2019 or those who will be appearing in class 12 or any other equivalent examination in 2020 will be eligible to appear in JEE Main 2020. Those who have passed class 12 or equivalent examination in 2017 or before and those who will appear in 2021 or later will not be eligible to appear in JEE Main 2020. Aspirants who have appeared for their class 12 in 2017, failed in 2017 but have appeared again in 2018 and passed are not eligible for JEE Main 2020.