JEE Main 2022 dates for registration and exam is likely to be announced by March 1. As registration for JEE Advanced 2022 will begin from June 8 onward, all the sessions of JEE Mains 2022 will be held lastly by May. As per the news report, the exam will be conducted in two sessions this year in April and May. It is expected that the first session exam will begin from April 10 onwards. JEE Mains 2022 application form will be available tentatively from March 1. All the details about JEE Mains 2022 including exam dates, application form, eligibility, syllabus, and exam pattern will be provided in the information brochure. Candidates can check the official website jeemain.nta.nic.in for more details regarding the schedule, eligibility criteria, and syllabus.
JEE Mains 2022 will be conducted for admission to B.E./B.Tech, B.Arch, and B.Plan courses by NITs, IIITs, and CFITs. Candidates preparing for JEE Main 2022 need to check the syllabus and exam pattern to prepare for the exam. The candidates who successfully qualify for JEE Main and rank in the top 2.5 lakh candidates will be eligible for Advance. This article provides the complete details of the JEE Main 2022 application form date, eligibility, pattern, syllabus, schedule, etc.
JEE Mains 2022 Highlights
Check the important points related to JEE Main 2022 in the table below:
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Examination (Main) or JEE Main|
|Mode of Exam||Computed Based Test for BE/BTech/BArchBPlanningPen and paper-based for Drawing section in BArch|
|Duration||3 hours for BTech/BArch/BPlan3 and half hours for BArch and BPlanning both|
|Exam Frequency||Twice a year (Held four times in 2021)|
|Total Registrations||Around 9 lakh|
|Papers||Paper-1: BE/BTechPaper-2A: BArchPaper-2B: BPlanning|
|Total Marks||BE/BTech: 300BArch and BPlanning: 400|
|Total Questions Asked (Increased in 2021)||BE/BTech: 90BArch: 82BPlanning: 105|
|Marking Scheme||4 for each correct response-1 for each incorrect responseNo marks for unattempted questionsNo negative marking for Non-MCQ questions|
|Medium of paper||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu|
|Helpline||0120 – 6895200|
JEE Main 2022 Exam Dates
Candidates can check all the tentative dates related to JEE Mains 2022 in the table below. The exact schedule of JEE Mains 2022 exam date along with the application form date and other details will be announced soon by the NTA.
|Events||First Session Dates||Second Session Dates|
|Release of Notification||March 1, 2022||April last week 2022|
|Release of Application form||March 1, 2022||May first week 2022|
|Last date to fill the form||March last week 2022||May first week 2022|
|Application correction||March last week 2022||May first week 2022|
|Release of admit card||April first week 2022||May second week 2022|
|JEE Main exam date||April second week 2022||May third week 2022|
|Display of Answer key||April third week 2022||May last week 2022|
|Declaration of Result||April third week 2022||May last week 2022|
JEE Main 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates aspiring for JEE Main 2022 can check the eligibility criteria for the exam below. It is important that candidates check and ensure their eligibility for JEE Main 2022 before filling the application form. The form of candidates who do not fulfil the eligibility criteria can be rejected.
Nationality: Indian nationals/ OCI/PIO/ Foreign nationals can apply for IIT JEE Main 2022.
Age Criteria: There is no prescribed age criterion for taking JEE Main.
- The candidate should have passed the 10+2 or equivalent qualifying exam in the year 2020 or 2021. Those who will be appearing in the year 2022 are also eligible.
- The students who appeared in the 10+2 exam in the year 2016 but were not able to pass and later on cleared the same in the year 2019 are not eligible to apply.
- The applicants must have passed the qualifying exam with a minimum of five subjects: Language, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational Subject, and any other subject.
- The candidate appearing in six subjects, the subject (fifth/sixth) with better marks will be considered.
Number of Attempts:
There is no restricted number of attempts for JEE Main.
Eligibility for Admission to NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs participating through Seat Allocation Board
The applicants who have passed the class 12th exam with at least 75% marks or be in the top 20% of their respective boards with the subject combination as follows are eligible:
|BE/BTech||Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subjects.|
|BArch/BPlanning||Passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.|
JEE Mains 2022 Application Form
The NTA is expected to release JEE Main 2022 application form on March 1. Application forms will be available only in online mode on the official website. Candidates must fill the JEE Main application form to appear for the exam. Before filling the application form, students must check the information brochure of the exam carefully. Aspirants who will meet the above-mentioned eligibility requirements will only be allowed to register for the exam. Check the following guidelines to fill the application form:
- JEE Main 2022 application form can be submitted online mode only
- Visit the official website of the NTA for submitting the application form.
- Interested candidates must apply before the last date
Steps to fill JEE Mains 2022 Application Form
Candidates are required to follow the below steps to fill the JEE Main application form
- Visit the official website of the JEE Main or NTA
- Click on “Fill JEE Main 2022 Application Form”
- Fill the online application form carefully with correct information only
- Be ready with scanned photograph, signature, and left thumb impression required to be uploaded while filling the application form
- Pay the requisite application fee after entering all the details
- Take the printout of the filled-in application form for future reference
Candidates have to pay the required application fee for the completion of the application process. Application fees can be submitted online only. The fee structure for JEE Main 2022 mentioned below is as per the last year’s application fee:
|BE./BTech or BArch or BPlanning||Rs 650 (Boys)Rs 325 (Girls)||Rs 325 (Boys)Rs 325 (Girls)|
|BE./BTech & BArch|
BE./BTech & BPlanning
BE./BTech, BArch & BPlanning
BArch & BPlanning
|Rs 1300 (Boys)Rs 650 (Girls)||Rs 650 (Boys)Rs 650 (Girls)|
JEE Main 2022 application fee (For examination center opted abroad)
|Paper (s) Appearing||General/OBC/EWS||SC/ST/PWD/Transgender|
|B.E./B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Planning||Rs 3000 (Boys)Rs 1500 (Girls)||Rs 1500 (Boys)Rs 1500 (Girls)|
|B.E./BTech & BArch|
BE./BTech & BPlanning
BE./B.Tech, BArch & B. Planning
BArch & BPlanning
|Rs 6000 (Boys)Rs 3000 (Girls)||Rs 3000 (Boys)Rs 3000 (Girls)|
Note: Candidates should submit only one application form. More than one application will not be considered.
Application Form Correction
Students must be of utmost care while filling up the online JEE Main application form 2022. In case a candidate submits the application form with any errors, the authority will give them chance to correct the application form. Candidates will be allowed to change or modify a few details only. Therefore, the candidate should re-check the application form before submitting it finally.
JEE Main 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates must be aware of the JEE Main 2022 exam pattern. Students have to prepare according to the exam pattern and JEE Main syllabus of the exam. There will be three papers: Paper-1 and Paper-2A and Paper-2B. Check the following exam pattern below:
JEE Main 2022 Exam Pattern for Paper-1
|Subjects in Paper-1 (BTech)||Section-A||Section-B||Question Paper Design|
|Mathematics||20||10||Each subject will have two sections.Section A will be of Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs) and Section B will contain Questions whose answers are to be filled in as a numerical value.In Section B, candidates have to attempt any five questions out of 10There will be no negative marking for Section B|
JEE Main 2022 Exam Pattern for Paper-2A
|Subjects in Paper-2A (BArch)||Section-A||Section-B||Question Paper Design|
|Mathematics – Part I||20||10||Part -1 will have two sections. Section A will be of Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs) and Section B will contain Questions whose answers are to be filled in as a numerical valueIn Section B, candidates have to attempt any five questions out of 10There will be no negative marking for Section B|
|Aptitude Test – Part II||50||–|
|Drawing Test – Part III||02||–|
JEE Main 2022 Exam Pattern for Paper-2B
|Subjects in Paper-2B (BPlanning)||Section-A||Section-B||Question Paper Design|
|Mathematics – Part I||20||10||Part -1 will have two sections.Section A will be of Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs) and Section B will contain Questions whose answers are to be filled in as a numerical valueIn Section B, candidates have to attempt any five questions out of 10. There will be no negative marking for Section B|
|Aptitude Test – Part II||50||–|
|Planning-Based Questions – Part III||25||–|
JEE Main 2022 Admit Card
The candidates who submit the application form successfully will only be allowed to download the JEE Main 2022 admit card before the exam. The admit card will be available on the official website probably a week before the scheduled exam. Candidates will be able to download the admit card by logging into the official website. Candidates should keep the following things in mind regarding JEE Main 2022 admit card:
- No one will be allowed to appear for the exam without a valid JEE Main admit card
- Candidates must show the admit card whenever he/she is asked to
- Candidates must ensure that the information mentioned in the admit card is correct. In case of any discrepancy, students must report it to the competent authority immediately.
- Students must carry valid ID proof such as Aadhar Card, Voter Card, Driving Licence, Passport, etc, to the exam center along with the admit card
- Students keep their JEE Main Hall ticket safe till admission to an institute
JEE Main 2022 Answer Key
NTA will release the JEE Main 2022 answer key soon after the completion of the exam. Along with the answer key, the authority will also release the scanned copy of the OMR sheet of students. Candidates can check the same from the official website. Now, with the help of JEE Main answer key and an OMR sheet, candidates can check their answers and also can calculate the expected score. Aspirants can raise objections against the answer key by paying a fee of Rs 1000/question.
JEE Mains 2022 Result
The concerned authority will publish the JEE Main 2022 result on its official portal. Candidates can avail of their results by logging into the official website using their roll number and date of birth. Following are the steps to check the result:
- Visit the official website of JEE Main i.e. jeemain.nta.nic.in
- Click the tab “View JEE Main 2021 Result/Scorecard”
- Enter your JEE Main Application Number, password/date of birth, and security pin
- Submit the required details, JEE Main 2021 results will be displayed online
- Download and take multiple printouts of your JEE Main 2021 result for future reference
- Candidates are advised to keep their scorecards safe till the admission process conclude
JEE Mains 2022 Counselling
The candidates who will secure their name in the merit list will be called for appearing in the JEE Main 2022 counselling. JoSAA will conduct the counselling and seat allocation process for IITs, NITs, and IIITs based on the JEE Main and JEE advanced scores of students.
- Following are the key points related to the JEE Main 2022 counselling
- The counselling process will commence tentatively in July 2022
- All India Rank in JEE Main and JEE advanced will be considered for seat allocation
- Students have to attend the JEE Main counselling for admission