Chitkara University is ranked 80th in Management Category by NIRF 2023. Chitkara University is a globally recognized organization encouraging academic excellence through interdisciplinary applied research and expanding realms of knowledge through innovation. With its philosophical core commitment towards excellence in education, Chitkara Educational Trust established Chitkara Institute of Engineering & Technology in 2002; Chitkara International School, Chandigarh in 2004; Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh under Himachal Pradesh State Legislature in 2008; and Chitkara University, Punjab in 2010; which was established under the Punjab State Legislature.
Today, Chitkara has 12 schools in the fields of Engineering, Management, Architecture, Nursing, Healthcare, Pharmacy, Media, Arts & Design, Education, Hospitality, Applied Sciences, and Applied Engineering. Comprising of more than 13,000 students and 900 faculty members, Chitkara University is one of the best universities in North India that is also recognized by the government with the right to confer degrees as per the Sections 2(f) and 22(1) of the UGC Act, 1956.
Chitkara University Highlights
|Establishment year | Ownership type||2010 | Private|
|Recognised by||UGC, ASSOCHAM, NCTE|
|Rankings (2021)||– Ranked among Top 50 Business School by Business Standard – Rated AAAA+ in Young Universities by Careers360 University Rankings – Top Architecture College by GHRDC Survey|
|No. of Schools||12|
|Number of courses||100+|
|Types of scholarships offered||Need-Based|
|Industrial linkages||University of Birmingham, Cologne Business School, Germany, University of Florida|
Chitkara University Application Process 2023
The application form for all the courses offered by Chitkara University can be filled in three ways as discussed below:
- Visit the official website of Chitkara University.
- Fill the application form and pay the application fee online.
- Save and submit the application form for future reference.
- Download the application form from the official website of Chitkara University. OR purchase the application form from the Chitkara Information Centers.
- Send the duly filled application form along with application fee of INR 1100 in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favor of ‘Chitkara University payable at Chandigarh’, passport size photo and required documents to:
Chitkara University Admission Office : SCO 160-161, Sector 9-C, Chandigarh 160 009
Documents required to be attached with the application form:
- 10th & 12th standard marks sheet
- Certificate and marks sheet of graduation (for PG programs)
- Migration certificate from the Board / University last attended
- Rank card of qualifying examination, if the result is not declared then the Admit Card of the examination can be submitted. (Wherever applicable)
- Copy of Aadhar Card
- Character Certificate
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Reserve category certificate, if applicable
- An affidavit signed by the Executive Magistrate / Notary Public is required in case of a gap in the studies for not being involved in any criminal activities during the gap period
Note: Candidates need to bring Photocopy of the Application form and original certificates at the time of counselling.
- 25% of the seats are reserved for bonfide candidates of Himachal Pradesh.
- 15% seats are exclusively reserved for candidates of Punjab Domicile.
- Seats to SC, ST, OBC, Physically Handicapped and others are allocated as per the State Government Policy.
Chitkara University Accepted Exams 2023
The University accepts several entrance exam scores for admission to courses including BE/BTech, BArch, BDes, BFA and MBA among others. Given below is the list of accepted entrance exams for various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes offered by Chitkara University:
|Course||Accepted Entrance Exam|
|MBA||MAT / CAT / NMAT / XAT / CMAT|
Chitkara University, Patiala Fees & Eligibility
|MBA||₹5.66 Lakhs (Total Fees)||Graduation with 50% + CAT|
|BBA||₹1.2 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||10+ 2 with 50%|
|B.E||₹1.64 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||10+2 with 60% + JEE Mains|
|BCA + MCA||₹1.04 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||10+2 with 50%|
|B.Sc||₹1.04 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||10+2|
|BCA||₹1.04 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||10+2 with 50%|
|B.Des||₹1.8 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||10 +2|
Chitkara University Placements
The statistics for the 2022 drive are not released yet. However, the NIRF report 2022 is out, according to which 1,597 UG and 739 PG students were placed during Chitkara University placements 2021. The median package offered to UG students ranged between INR 3.10 LPA and INR 7.50 LPA. For PG programmes, the median package was between INR 6.30 LPA and INR 8 LPA.
Chitkara University BTech Placements 2021
The University offers four years of BTech courses in the Engineering department. The key highlights related to Chitkara University BTech placements 2021 are tabulated below:
|Chitkara University Placements 2021: BTech|
|Students selected for higher studies||122|
|Median package||INR 7.50 LPA|
NOTE: The placement details given above are collated from the NIRF report 2022.
Chitkara University BTech Placement Trends: 2019 vs 2020 vs 2021
The number of BTech students placed over the past three years has been fluctuating. It first increased by nearly 9% from 2019 to 2020 and then decreased by almost 24% from 2020 to 2021. For Chitkara University BTech placement details see the below table:
|Chitkara University Placement Trends: BTech|
Chitkara University BArch Placements 2021
The University offers a BArch programme of five years duration at the UG level. During 2021 placements, the median package offered to Chitkara University BArch students was INR 5 LPA. Check the complete insights of Chitkara University Chandigarh placements 2021 from the below table:
|Chitkara University Placements 2021: BArch|
|Students selected for higher studies||30|
|Median package||INR 5 LPA|
NOTE: The placement details mentioned above are gathered from the NIRF report 2022.
Chitkara University BArch Placement Trends: 2019 vs 2020 vs 2021
A fluctuating trend was observed in the number of students placed during BArch placements over the past three years. The table below mentions the number of students who graduated and were placed during Chitkara University placements from 2019 to 2021:
|Chitkara University Placement Trends: BArch|
Chitkara University MBA Placements 2021
The University recorded a 100% placement rate during Chitkara University MBA placements 2021. All the important details related to Chitkara University placements 2021 for MBA are mentioned below:
|Chitkara University Placements 2021: MBA|
|Median package||INR 9.15 LPA|
NOTE: The aforementioned details are sourced from the NIRF report 2022.
Chitkara University MBA Placement Trends: 2019 vs 2020 vs 2021
The number of students who graduated and were placed in MBA has improved over the past three years. To know the Chitakara University MBA placement trends see the below table:
|Chitkara University Placement Trends: MBA|
Chitkara University Placements : Top Recruiters
The University has a strong link with organisations that gives real-world experience to the students. Some of the well-known companies that participated in campus placements of Chitkara University over the years are listed below:
|Chitkara University Placements: Top Recruiters|
|Glenmark Pharmaceuticals||Deloitte||Apollo Hospitals|
|Mankind Pharma||Abbott Laboratories||Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd.|
Chitkara University : Infrastructure/Facilities
- LibraryChitkara University libraries house a collection of more than 57,800 items including books, journals, microfilms, audio–visual material and CD-ROMs. Furthermore, the students have access to more than 10,000 electronic journals available online, apart from daily newspapers.University has access to a large number of e-resources, ASCE Journals, ASME Journals, IEL online, Science Direct, EBSCO, EMERALD, SCIFINDER, SAE-Tech Papers, Indian Standards Codes, ACM, ABI / Inform Complete (PRO QUEST), Springer Link and Engineering Referex.
- HostelChitkara University has separate hostel for boys and girls.All the hostels have basic amenities like water purifiers, common room, recreation room, mess, TV, laundry services, security and surveillance system.Boys HostelIn-Campus Hostel, Girls HostelIn-Campus Hostel
- Sports ComplexAvailable Facilities: Badminton Court|Basketball Court|Cricket Ground|Football Ground|Tennis Court|Volleyball Court|Hockey Fields|Baseball Court|Table Tennis
- LabsAvailable Facilities: Civil Engineering Lab|Chemistry Lab|Computer Lab|Design Lab|Electrical Lab|Electronics Lab|Language Lab|Mechanical Lab|Medical Lab|Physics Lab
- Design StudioCafeteriaGymHospital / Medical FacilitiesWi-Fi CampusShuttle ServiceAuditoriumDance RoomA/C ClassroomsOthers
Banks & ATM|3 Radio Studios|Audio Editing Studio|Production Control Room (PCR)|Video Editing Studio|Boxing Arena
Chitkara University Scholarship Criteria
The criteria for the scholarships offered by the government bodies are presented below in a tabular form:
|Post-matric Scholarship Scheme by Punjab Government (SC/OBC’s)||Candidates studying at the post-matriculation level are eligible Annual income of family shall be less than INR 2.5 lakh (INR 2 lakh for OBC)|
|Central Sector Scholarship Scheme||Class 12 pass with 80% aggregate and a UG/PG regular course student Annual income of family shall be equal to or less than INR 8 lakh|
|AICTE’s Scholarship for J&K students (Brochure)||Domicile of Union territories of J&K and Ladakh Class 12 pass from JKBOSE or CBSE board affiliated school in union territories of J&K and Ladakh Annual income of family shall be equal to or less than INR 8 lakh|