What is UPSEE 2020?
UPSEE exam is a gateway for candidates seeking admission to various professional courses offered at undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) level at all the UPSEE colleges. Through UPSEE (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination), candidates can secure admission in about 841 institutions/colleges affiliated to AKTU along with other universities in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Around 93 colleges in Ghaziabad and 75 colleges in Gautam Budh Nagar are affiliated to AKTU.
UPSEE 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Accepting Colleges||262 colleges|
UPSEE Eligibility 2020
For admission to the first year of BTech programmes
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should clear Class 12th from UP board or any other recognized board/ university with minimum 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ ST candidates) in aggregate in the required three subjects.
- Subject Combination: The combination of three subjects that candidates should have in Class 12th in order to be eligible for UPSEE exam are:
|Course||Compulsory Subjects||Optional Subjects (any one)|
|BTech||Physics & Mathematics||Chemistry/ Bio-Technology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject|
- Age criteria: There is no age limit to take UPSEE 2020 exam.
UPSEE Reservation Criteria 2020
Through UPSEE exam, AKTU offers two types of reservations to candidates: vertical and horizontal. Candidates can check reservation of seats under both types below:
Vertical Reservation (Category)
|Scheduled Caste (SC) from UP||21%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST) from UP||02%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC) from UP||27%|
UPSEE Previous Year paper with Solution-https://admission.aglasem.com/upsee-question-paper-pcm/
Formula Book for UPSEE-https://adarshbarnwal.com/jee-mains-2020-formula-booklet-of-physics-chemistry-and-maths-adarsh-barnwal/
The UPSEE entrance examination is based mainly on the following subjects:
To crack the UPSEE exam 2020, it is necessary to strategize your preparation planning carefully. Due to the vastness of the syllabus for UPSEE Exam 2020, it becomes difficult to prepare thoroughly for each and every topic. In order to help candidates plan their preparation wisely, we have mentioned below some important topics for each subject i.e. Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Important Topics for UPSEE Exam 2020 Preparation
- Wave Motion
- Heat & thermodynamics
- Motion in One Dimension and Solids & Semiconductor devices
- Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism
- Ray Optics
- Rotational Motion
- Aldehyde Ketone
- Alcohol Phenol Ether and Solutions
- Alkanes, Alkenes & Alkynes
- General Organic Chemistry
- Ionic Equilibrium
- s-block elements
- p-block elements
- Chemical Bonding
- Vectors, Probability
- Theory of Equation
- Definite Integration
- Matrices Determinants
- Dynamics, Complex Numbers
List of Important UPSEE Entrance Exam Chapters
- Application of Derivatives
- Sequence and Series
- 3D and Vectors
- Matrices and Determinants
- Permutation & Combination
- Quadratic Equation
- Differential Calculus
- Complex Number
- Mechanics (Newton’s laws and Rotational Mechanics)
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Modern Physics
- Magnetic effect of current and magnetism
- Current Electricity
- Waves (sound in particular)
- Fluid Mechanics
- Solids and Semiconductor devices
- Thermo Chemistry & the Second Law of Thermodynamics
- Chemical Bonding and Periodic Table
- Hydrocarbons and General Organic Chemistry
- Ionic Equilibrium
- Mole Concept & the concept of equivalents
- Periodic Properties
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Carbonyl Compounds & their derivatives
- Basics of Organic Chemistry
Although you can expect more question from the above mentioned important topics for UPSEE Exam 2020 preparation, a thorough study of all other chapters and topics is also very important. You can start your preparation by focusing on these topics first and then move to other topics. And considering the time constraint for the UPSEE Examination, it is important to boost up your speed by taking regular mock tests. Doing so will not only boost your speed but also help in revising the syllabus and evaluate areas where you need to focus more. However, it is strongly recommended to understand the topic rather than mugging them up as having a clear understanding of concepts will be remembered for longer and also you won’t face difficulty in solving tricky questions related to that such concepts.
Moreover, you should also know that 40% of the total questions asked in UPSEE Examination are easy whereas 30% of the total questions are of medium difficulty and rest 30% are of difficult level. It is therefore recommended to start plan know UPSEE Exam 2020 pattern and syllabus thoroughly so that you can plan your preparation for the exam accordingly.
UPSEE 2020 Exam Pattern in Detail
UPSEE 2020 will comprise of 11 papers scheduled to be conducted on 3 days. The subjects tested in the exam will depend on the technical subject chosen by the candidate. The test will comprise of objective type questions to be answered in 180 minutes. Aspirants will be awarded +4 marks for every correct answer. The maximum obtainable marks will depend on the various UPSEE Papers.
The details about the exam pattern are explained clearly in this article:
- Mode of exam: UPSEE 2020 will be conducted in online and offline mode depending on the papers.
Offline Mode- Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3 and Paper 4 will be conducted via the offline mode. Aspirants will be required to mark their answers on an OMR sheet.
Online Mode- Paper 5, Paper 6, Paper 7, Paper 8, Paper 9, Paper 10 and Paper 11 will be conducted in the offline mode i.e. it will be a computer-based test.
- Language: The test paper will be available in English and Hindi language. It will not be provided in any other language and any request to do so shall not be entertained.
- Type of Question: The exam will have objective type questions. All the questions will be in the form of MCQs. Each question will have 4 alternative options suggested as answers, out of which the applicant must choose one that seems the most appropriate answer.
The number of questions, total marks and duration of time for each paper are given below:
|Paper||Subjects||Types of Questions||Total Number of Questions||Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper 1||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics||50 MCQs each||150||600||3 Hours|
|Paper 2||Physics, Chemistry and Biology||50 MCQs each||150||600|
|Paper 3||AG-I, AG-II and AG-III||50 MCQs each||150||600|
|Paper 4||Aptitude Test for Architecture Part-A: Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity Part–B: Drawing Aptitude||50 MCQs each of Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity and 2 drawing questions||52||500||2 Hours 30 minutes|
|Paper 5||Aptitude Test for General Awareness (BHMCT/BFAD/BFA)||75 MCQs||75||300||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|Paper 6||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Engineering (Lateral Entry)||75 MCQs||75||300|
|Paper 7||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Pharmacy (Lateral Entry)||75 MCQs||75||300|
|Paper 8||Aptitude Test for B.Sc. Graduates in Engineering (Lateral Entry)||75 MCQs||75||300|
|Paper 9||Aptitude Test for MBA||100 MCQs||100||400||2 Hours|
|Paper 10||Aptitude Test for MCA||100 MCQs||100||400|
|Paper 11||Aptitude Test for 2nd Year MCA (Lateral Entry)||100 MCQs||100||400|
UPSEE 2020 Marking Scheme
Applicants must know the marking scheme in order to decide how to attempt the questions in the entrance test. There will be no change in the marking scheme of UPSEE 2020. It should be noted that although there is no negative marking, a record of the total number of incorrect answers of applicants will be kept for preparing the merit list. The marking scheme is stated as follows:
|Exam Mode||Offline- Paper 1, 2, 3 and 4|
Online- Paper 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11
|Question Paper type||Objective (MCQs)|
|Marks awarded for correct answer||+4|
|Marks deducted for wrong answer||0|
|Medium of Language||English and Hindi|
Comments are closed.