IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admission 2021 – The online registration process for IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech admission 2021 has been extended for UGEE, SPEC, Olympiad/ KVPY and DASA UG. For UGEE/SPEC channel, an entrance examination will be conducted in online mode. For other channels, IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech admission 2021 will be done on the basis of merit. The International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad will conduct IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech admission 2021 to provide allotment to eligible candidates into the various offered courses. Candidates will be able to apply for IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech admission 2021 through channels includes JEE Main, DASA UG, SPEC, UGEE/KVPY/Olympiad and LEEE. The counselling session for IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech admission 2021 will be conducted in offline mode.
IIITH UGEE 2021 – Highlights
|Exam Name||Undergraduate Entrance Examination (UGEE)|
|Exam Type||Institute Level|
|Exam Category||Undergraduate (UG)|
|Exam Mode||Computer based|
|Admission through||UGEE followed by an Interview|
IIITH UGEE 2021 – Programmes Offered
Check the names of different programmes offered by the University for admission in the table below.
|Programme abbreviation (Number of seats)||Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)||Master of Science (MS) by Research|
|ECD (25)||Electronics and Communication Engineering||Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|CSD (35)||Computer Science and Engineering||Computer Science and Engineering|
|CLD (15)||Computer Science||Computational Linguistics|
|CND (15)||Computer Science||Computational Natural Sciences|
|CHD (10)||Computer Science||Computing and Human Sciences|
IIITH UGEE 2021 Important Dates
Check IIITH UGEE dates for different events in the table below.
|Events||IIITH UGEE 2021 Dates (Tentative)|
|Application form available||22-Mar-2021|
|Last date to apply||7th June|
|Release of admit card||To be notified|
|Entrance test for UGEE 2021||Not Available|
|Result||To be notified|
|Interview||To be notified|
Modes of IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admission 2021
The authorities accept applications for IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech admission 2021 on the basis of four modes – JEE Main, DASA, UGEE/SPEC and Olympiad/KVPY. Candidates will be able to choose their preferred mode of admission as per their eligibility.
- JEE Main Channel: Candidates who have qualified for JEE Main 2021 will be able to apply for admissions based on their secured scores. However, admissions will be given only in single degree programmes.
- DASA UG Channel: Candidates who are abroad and wish to study at IIIT Hyderabad will have to apply through this channel.
- UGEE Channel: For admissions into the research-based dual-degree programmes, the candidates will have to attempt the entrance examination. Admissions will be done on the basis of performance in the entrance exam and personal interview.
- Special Chance of Admission (SPEC) Channel: 20 seats are made available through SPEC and candidates will have to qualify the entrance examination.
- Lateral Entry Entrance Examination (LEEE): The LEEE mode is for lateral entry to dual degree programmes. Graduates of the dual degree programmes earn two degrees: B.Tech and MS. The Master’s degree requires the completion of a research thesis. The duration of the programme is 4 years.
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Eligibility Criteria 2021
For admissions into the B.Tech courses, the candidates will have to meet the eligibility criteria of IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech 2021. If the set criteria are not met, then the candidates will not be allotted seats into the institute. It has to be noted the eligibility criteria will be different for each channel of admission.
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech 2021 Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main Channel
- Candidates are required to fulfill JEE Main 2021 eligibility criteria as stated by NTA.
- Should have appeared and qualified JEE Main 2021.
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech 2021 Eligibility Criteria for DASA Channel
- Foreign Nationals/Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)/Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)/Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) will be eligible for this channel of admission.
- Should have qualified class 12th class or equivalent by May 2020 or earlier with at least 60% marks (or 6.0 grade on 10 point scale) in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech 2021 Eligibility Criteria for NTSE-KVPY/Olympiad Channel
- NTSE-KVPY: Should have qualified their 12th standard and also qualified (i) NTSE, (OR) (ii) KVPY.
- Olympiads: Candidates should have passed 12th standard in 2020 and selected for training in Science and Linguistics to represent India in International Olympiads.
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech 2021 Eligibility Criteria for SPEC Channel
- Candidates are required to possess some extraordinary talent or achievement such as: selection in the Central Government Scheme UDAAN or studying in a six year integrated Class XII + four year undergraduate programme and completing the second year of study in May 2021.
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Application Form 2021
The authorities will release the application form IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech 2021 in online mode. The release and end dates of the registration and application process will be different as per the channel of admission selected by the candidates. Personal, educational and contact details have to be submitted by the candidates. However, the candidates will have to submit the admission channel specific details. All of the application forms have to be submitted before the final date as specified by the authorities.
|Channel of Admission||Application Fee (in Rs.)|
|JEE Main||Rs. 1500|
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admit Card 2021
Registered candidates will be able to download their admit card of IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech 2021 in online mode. It must be noted that the admit card will be released for only those candidates who will apply for admission through UGEE/SPEC mode. While attempting the entrance examination, the candidates will have to produce the admit card. Without the admit card, the candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam centre. The given steps can be followed by the candidates to download the admit card:
- Go to the official website of IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech admission 2021
- Click on the admit card link
- Candidates will have to enter their User ID and password.
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- After checking the admit card, the candidates will have to download and print it out.
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Result 2021
The authorities will release the result of IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech 2021 in online mode. Candidates will have to use their User ID and password to check the result. The scores secured in the examination can be checked through the result. Since the result will be required during the admission process, the candidates are advised to download and print it out.
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Cutoff 2021
The minimum marks which the candidates need to meet for higher chances of admission into the institute will be released through the cutoff of IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech 2021. The authorities will prepare different cutoffs for various courses and categories. It is to be noted that the cutoff will be different for each mode of admission. By checking the previous year’s cutoff, the candidates will be able to understand the probable marks that they will have to secure for higher chances of admission.
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Counselling 2021
Separate counselling of IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech 2021 will be conducted by the authorities for the various channels of admission. The counselling letter will be available in online mode and the selected candidates will have to report at the designated centres. While JEE Main qualified candidates will be given direct admissions, other candidates will have to go through the personal interview. Allotment of seats will be done on the basis of merit, preferences and availability of seats. To confirm the admission, the allotted candidates will have to pay the required fees and submit the documents.
Previous Year IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Cutoff
IIT Hyderabad B.Tech Cutoff through JEE Main 2019 – Round 1
|Programme Name||Total Marks||Percentile Score|
|4-year B.Tech. Courses|
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech admission cutoff through JEE Main 2018
|Programme Name||Total Marks|
|4-year B.Tech. Courses|