Important Topics for JEE Main 2020 in Physics
Firstly, let’s talk about the important topics for JEE Main in Physics frequently asked in JEE Main. These topics have been carrying a consistent weightage as per the JEE Main previous year papers.
We have divided the important topics into easy scoring topics and difficult topics.
- Semiconductor – 4 marks
- Communication system – 4 marks
- Current electricity- 4/8 marks
- EMI + Magnetism- 4/8 marks
- Nuclear Phy- 4 marks
- Optics – 8 marks
- Error & Measurement – 4 marks
- Electromagnetic Waves- 4 marks
- Waves – 4 marks
- Electrostats and Gravitation – 8 marks
Easy Topics in JEE Main Physics
- Electrostatics is a very lengthy but is a easy topic. Mostly three to four questions are asked from this topic every year.
- Current Electricity is a small topic but is very scoring. Questions from the topic like colour code of resisters, Ohm’s Law, etc. are frequently asked in the JEE Main exam.
- Electro-magnetic Induction and Alternating Current is also easy topic and is an important topic for JEE Main. One to two questions are asked from these two topics each year.
- Semiconductor & Electronic Devices, Communication, Units & Dimensions, Measurement of error (Absolute and Relative), Instruments. These are very small and scoring topics. One question is usually asked from each of these topics in JEE Main. So, you should not skip these as they can easily score 16-20 marks.
Difficult Topics as per JEE Main Physics Syllabus
The topics given below are also important topics of JEE Main 2020 in Physics, but require dedicated focus and more time.
- Mechanicsis the most important topic
for JEE Main. Most of the questions asked in JEE Main demand conceptual
understanding of the chapters of Mechanics. Some of the important topics
in mechanics for JEE Main are:
- Newton’s Law of Motion
- Bernoulli’s theorem
- Equation of Continuity
- Fluid Mechanics
- Work, Energy and Power
- Rigid Body Dynamics
- Law of conservation of momentum (linear/angular)
- Magnetism is a very important topic for JEE Main. Usually, a good number of questions are asked from this topic in JEE Main.
- Optics is also a very important topic for JEE Main. You should be thorough in this topic.
- Modern Physicsis the most important topic
for JEE Main in Physics. This chapter typically has a questions of 12-16
marks in JEE Main. Most frequently asked topics are as below:
- X-ray (Continuous wavelength, Characteristic Wavelength)
- Atomic Structure (Spectrum/Radius)
- Dual Nature of Matter
- Photoelectric Effect
- Nuclear fission
- You must study Oscillation and Waves topic in detail. Questions related to topics like SHM, sound waves, string, Doppler effect, Wave Optics are surely asked in JEE Main each year.
- 1-2 questions are asked every year from Thermodynamics, so you should be thorough with it as well.
Chemistry EASY AND IMPORTANT CHAPTERS ( JEE MAINS 2020 )
- Mole concept- 4 marks
- Solid state – 4 marks
- Solution – 4 marks
- Biomolecules- 4 marks
- Polymer- 4 marks
- Atomic structure- 4 marks
- Chemical Bonding- 4/8 marks
- Chemical kinetics- 4 marks
- Thermodynamics and Thermochemistry- 8 marks
- Surface chemistry + Metallurgy + real Gas + Chem in Every day – 12 marks
Important topics for JEE Main Organic Chemistry
The pattern of questions asked in Organic Chemistry in JEE Main is not fixed. Questions can be asked at random and therefore, all are important topics for JEE Main 2020. You should prepare the basic and general topics of organic chemistry in detail. These topics include nomenclature, types of reactions, basicity, acidity, etc.
You should be thorough with the named reactions and their mechanism. Questions based on named reactions and mechanism are commonly asked in JEE Main . You should also prepare steps of common chemical reactions. On average, 2-3 questions from the topic – organic synthesis are asked in the exam.
Important topics for JEE Main Inorganic Chemistry
All the topics in Inorganic Chemistry are considered important for JEE Main 2020. All the chapters carry equal weightage in JEE Main. Your basics and the fundamentals should be clear in each and every topic. Inorganic chemistry can help boost your score if you prepare Method of Preparation, Chemical Reactions, uses, etc. of the compounds.
The Elements of the periodic table and Chemical Bonding are the most important topics for JEE Main 2020. These two topics should be on your tips. They are important for building a solid foundation for Inorganic chemistry. Questions asked from Chemical bonding are based on the following topics:
- Fajan’s Rule & it’s application
- Shape and Hybridisation
- Molecular Orbital Theory (where the most important topic is Electronic Configuration)
- Dipole Moment
Another very important topic for JEE Main in Inorganic Chemistry is Transition elements and coordination chemistry. About three questions are asked from this chapter. Questions are based on topics like Isomerism (Structural, Geometrical, Linkage, Optical Isomerism), Lanthanoid Contraction, Nomenclature and Crystal Field Theory.
Hydrogen and S & P block elements are also among the most important topics for JEE Main. You should be thorough in topics such as structures of various acids like P, S, Cl, N, Nitrogen Oxides, Dimers of Boron and Aluminium, oxides and their acidic-basic structure.
Important topics for JEE Main Physical Chemistry
The most important topic for JEE Main in Physical Chemistry is Mole concept. Many reactions like Redox Reaction are based on Mole concept. So, this topic should be on your tips as this is the basic connect.
Your formulae and basic concepts should be clear in Atomic Structure. Questions are frequently asked from this chapter in JEE Main. Important topics in this chapter are Quantum Numbers, the Wavelength of Electronic Transition and Ionisation Energy.
Gaseous State and Solid state are also important topics for JEE Main 2020. Your fundamentals should be clear on these topics. Frequently asked questions are from topics like van der Waals equation, Kinetic Theory of Gases and Types of Molecular Velocity.
The other topics that carry equal weightage in JEE Main are below:
- Electrochemistry & redox Reactions
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Surface Chemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
Important Topics for JEE Main 2020 in Mathematics
In the Mathematics section of JEE Main, there is an even distribution of marks for all the chapters. There are 15 chapters and all are equally important chapters for JEE Main. So, you can prioritise focusing on particular chapters which are easy and the chapters in which you have a good grip.
Below is a list of scoring chapters and important chapters for JEE Main in Mathematics:
- Sequence & Series
- Determinants and Matrices
- Sets and relations
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Statistics & Probability
- Vector & 3D
- Straight line
- Definite Integral
- Indefinite Integral
- Application of Derivatives
- Differential equation
- Application of Integrals
- Trigonometric Ratios
MATHS EASY AND IMPORTANT CHAPTERS ( JEE MAINS 2020 )
- Statistics- 4 marks
- Height and Distance- 4 marks
- Mathematical Reasonong- 4marks
- Matrices and Determinant- 8 marks
- Sets,Relation and function – 8 marks
- Vector and 3D– 8 marks
- Quadratic equation– 4 Marks
- Area – 4 marks
- Limit , continuity and derivability–8 marks
- Conic section – 12 marks