COMEDK UGET 2021 exam date has been announced and it will be held on June 20, 2021. Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) has released COMEDK UGET 2021 Application Form on March 22, 2021 on the official website. Students will be able to fill the application form till May 20, 2021.
COMEDK UGET is conducted across 300 exam centers for engineering programs that offer around 20000 seats. Due to the reduction in syllabus CBSE and Karnataka State PU Board, some portions from Class XII have been deleted in COMEDK UGET 2021 Syllabus. However, the syllabus from class XI remains unchanged as notified by the official circular. Candidates who have qualifiedthe second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent exam recognized by the state/central government with 45% marks will be eligible to apply for the exam.
COMEDK UGET Highlights
|Exam Name||Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka Under Graduate Entrance Test|
|Commonly Known As||COMEDK UGET|
|Conducting Institute||Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK)|
|Type of Examination||State Level|
|Category of Examination||Undergraduate Examination|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Computer Based Test|
|Available Seats||20,000 (approx.)|
|Number of Applicants||70,000+|
COMEDK UGET 2021 is a state-level examination providing a gateway to students for admission in engineering and architecture courses offered by institutes in Karnataka. As per COMEDK UGET Exam Pattern, the questions are based on class XI and XII syllabus of PCM. The exam has a total of 180 objective questions that will have to be attempted in 180 minutes.
COMEDK UGET Exam Dates
|Availability of COMEDK UGET Application||March 22, 2021 (Started)|
|Mock test availability||April 15, 2021|
|Last date to apply||May 20, 2021|
|Application Form Correction||May 22, 2021 to May 24, 2021|
|Admit card release||June 10, 2021 to June 19, 2021|
|Date of exam||June 20, 2021|
|Answer key release date||June 24, 2021|
|Challenging of Answer key last date||June 26, 2021|
|Availability of Final Answer key||July 1, 2021|
|Announcement of result & scorecard release||July 6, 2021|
COMEDK UGET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must ensure that they fulfill COMEDK Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form. If at any point they are found to be ineligible, their candidature will be cancelled with immediate effect.
For UG Engineering Courses
- The qualifying examinations for admission for B.E. should be second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government.
- 10+2 subjects should be Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject.
- A minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Candidates should have passed each subject individually.
- Diploma holders are not eligible for COMEDK. No lateral entry is allowed in any course.
- Appearing for COMEDK Entrance Test will also be considered an attempt for figuring in the rank list.
Note: Candidates are required to submit the original marks sheets of the examination during the time of counseling for proving their eligibility.
For UG Architecture Courses
- Qualifying exam for admission to B. Arch course is second PUC or 10+2
- 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination.
- Candidates should have qualified a recognized aptitude test in Architecture (NATA or equivalent) in 2021.
- No Entrance Test for candidates seeking admission to B. Arch Course.
- Candidates seeking admission to B. Arch course need to submit separate application form for counseling as per the notification on COMEDK website.
- No need to fill the online application form for engineering entrance exam.
- For admission to architecture programs, the colleges will accept NATA Scores. Know more
- For admission into medical and dental programs, NEET scores will be accepted by various institutes. Know more
COMEDK UGET Application
- Visit the official website of COMEDK i.e. comedk.org. Click on the link and get registered yourself on the website.
- Fill all the details required in the registration/application form along with the valid mobile number and the email ID.
- After successful registration, you will receive a unique email ID and password on your registered mobile number and email ID.
Step 2: Fill Online Application Form
- Log in with the system generated user ID and password to complete the application process.
- Fill all the details in the application form such as personal, academic qualification, test centers, and some other necessary details.
Step 3: Uploading the documents
- Upload the recent color photograph (30mm x 45mm) in JPEG format with not more than 80kb.
- The size of the uploaded signature should be (35mm x 80m) with the maximum file size of 80kb.
- Candidates also have to upload the signature of father/guardian and unique Id proof in 80kb and 150 kb formats, respectively.
Step 4: Online Fee Payment
- Proceed to make payment by clicking on the payment gateway mode.
- You can re-login and check your status for the payment.
- Before clicking on the submit button preview your COMEDK UGET 2021 Application Form by clicking on the “Preview” button and re-verify your application form.
COMEDK UGET Application Fees
|Stream||Online Fees (INR)|
|COMEDK UGET||BOTH COMEDK AND UNIGAUGE|
|PCM||1800 + other charges||2800 + other charges|
COMEDK UGET Exam Pattern 2021
- Medium of Exam: English Only
- Marking Scheme: +1 mark for the correct answer
- Negative Marking: No negative marking for wrong or unanswered question
- Total Marks: 180
- In the case of a tie in the test score, the principle of least negative responses (Number of wrong answers) will be adopted. In addition, if required, other methods may be adopted to break ties.
Students must be aware of the syllabus before they start preparing for the exam. The following tables include the syllabus of 10 + 2 /11th and 12th STD /1st and 2nd PUC.
COMEDK UGET Courses Offered
The exam opens up 29 courses for students who wish to pursue B.Tech. Check out the table for a list of all the courses.
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||Aerospace Engineering||Ceramic & Cement Technology|
|Information Science||BioMedical Engineering||Marine Engineering|
|Electronics & Communications Engineering||Automobiles Engineering||Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering|
|Telecommunication Engineering||Chemical Engineering||Industrial Engineering & Production|
|Information Technology and Engineering||Computer Science Engineering||Environmental Engineering|
|Medical Electronics||Construction Tech & Management||Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
|Mechatronics Engineering||Textile Engineering||Automation & Robotics Engineering|
|Manufacturing Science & Engineering||Mining Engineering||Biotechnology|
|Industrial Engineering & Management||Mechanical Engineering||Civil Engineering|
|Aeronautical Engineering||Nano Technology||–|
COMEDK UGET Result 2021
COMEDK UGET result will be declared on July 6, 2021 on the official website. Candidates can check their resultsin online mode. After the result declaration, the merit list will be prepared. Candidates will be called for the counselling on the basis of the merit list. The conducting authority will also release COMEDK UGET Cut off for engineering & architecture courses after the result declaration.
Note: Candidates who applied for both, COMEDK and UniGAUGE, will receive 2 separate scorecards since the admission process for both is different.
COMEDK UGET Cut Off
COMEDK UGET Cut off will be different for various colleges, branches, and categories. The cut-off list will contain opening rank and closing rank category-wise and branch-wise. Closing rank is the last rank after which admission is closed to the member institutions of COMEDK. The tentative qualifying marks for COMEDK UGET 2021 are as follows:
|Category||Qualifying Marks (Tentative)|
|Other Backward Classes||40%|
|COMEDK UGET Marks Obtained in PCM||Expected Rank|
|160 – 180||10 – 1|
|150 – 160||50 – 10|
|140 – 150||150 – 50|
|130 – 140||400 – 150|
|120 – 130||900 – 400|
|110 – 120||1800 – 900|
|100 – 110||3300 – 1800|
|90 – 100||5700 – 3300|
|80 – 90||9200 – 5700|
|70 – 80||14700 – 9200|
|60 – 70||23200 – 14700|
|50 – 60||35500 – 23200|
|40 – 50||43500 – 35500|
|30 – 40||45100 – 43500|
|20 – 30||44800 – 45100|